2012 - Won't Start

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyma

Hi,

My leaf won't start, I've included the Leaf Spy codes, as well as a video of a weird sound that happens after it tries to start.
If anyone has any experience or could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.

Here's a link to the LeafSpy and the video of the strange startup sound, it starts at about the 15 second mark.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PcQdX3KdETT9q7co9

Thanks!

There are so many DTCs, it could be anything...but the battery pack. Based on that cell voltage graph it looks good.
I've never seen a dash do that, so I think a trip to the dealer is your best bet.

It's already been to the dealership, they said it was the junction block, and that Nissan no longer sold the part.

The first set of DTCs, are the initial, the second set are after I reset them with LeafSpy, I think the 12 volt was dead for the initial.

I found the part and imported through the states, they said they would replace, but there would be no warranty... Anyway, the replacement didn't work.

This is basically my final attempt before it goes to the scrap yard.

A weak 12V battery can cause many CAN Bus communication and other errors. Make sure you have a well-charged 12V battery, clear DTC's, disconnect 12V battery, connect a 12V light bulb or resistor between the positive and negative cable terminals to discharge power supplies in all of the control modules, reconnect 12V battery, and clear DTC's using LEAF Spy. If any DTC's remain or the dash still does not work correctly, repeat the process at least two more times to make sure you have done your best to clear the error codes before giving up on the car.

Back