2012 poll on the cost of your LEAF Under/over MSRP

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etracing

I do not have the ability on this board, but I would like to see a poll on what folks are paying for their 2012 LEAFs.
I see that we have a detailed price listing (please include that Link on the poll), I was looking for something that was quick and easy to read.

Items would be, but not limited to:

Under MSRP
MSRP with free goodies, (Floor Mats, etc)
MSRP only
MRSP plus Premium.

It may help others understand the going price and help them work toward getting a better deal.

Thanks!

There was a thread about this on the board for the 2011 purchasers, but I can see the value of a thread for the 2012 purchasers since the price went up. Polls don't work on the board, so I would suggest just using this thread as a starting point. How about adding your purchase data and just have others add their experiences as well?

Randy

"Poll : The official "Did you Lease or Buy?" thread"

Do you mean they do not physically work (anymore) or people are not participating?

Thanks,

I was able to email all of the dealers in OR and ask who would give me the best deal. I ended up getting invoice pricing on all options and the car 2.79% below invoice. Dealerships get "hold backs". When Nissan dealerships move a car the day it arrives, they get an additional 2.79% below invoice. The percentage gets smaller until nothing if the car is still on the lot after 90 days. I got a 2011 SL with almost all the options and had to pay for the QC port since I am not part of the Ecotality project.
Total cost $33,000-9000 state and federal rebate.
$24,000

OK, Ours was at MSRP 38,200 (Purchased) which included shipping to the East coast.
They also gave us a set of floor mats.

After Federal and State (we think) it will be $27,700.

It was an Orphan. We filled out the paper work and picked it up in one day. :)

i think people will just scream and complain but continue filling the tank to the tune of $100 a week......

sme will try to trade their tahoe for a prius as usual......

most will muddle on and do the best they can by driving less if possible

around this area there are few Leaf's and very little understanding of electric cars at all.

This summer when gas hits $4.50 or so there will be the odd news story on the "leaf" drivers and "volt" drivers

and people will go back to watching DWTS

My 2012 SV cost was actually a bit less than the price I had negotiated: $34,619, including splash guards, cargo cover, cargo net, and Destination & Delivery. MSRP would have been $35,200 + $140 + $290 + $20 + $850(D&D) = $35,650. So, I was at $1881 (5%) below MSRP.

The dealership I used (Colvin Auto Center, McMinnville, OR) was terrific to work with—they celebrated their centennial in business last year—and I highly recommend them.

Or a Leaf and Volt driver in mine and my wifes case. :lol: People want to pay the Middle East, and Hugo Chavez for their oil they can have at it.. I am done supporting it. I will support my local energy companies, and domestic energy now. Eventually (hopefully) getting solar panels to recharge from and not have to worry about where my energy comes from at all except the sun, and the grid overnight.

I got a quote of $500 below MSRP on a SV with no options...

MSRP: $35,200
Invoice: $33,757
Destination: $850
Holdback: $944 (possibly more)
Dealer cost including destination: $33,663

My quote was $34,700 + $850 destination = $35,550

From what I can tell, some time in late 2011, RAQ stopped including destination. So doing the math on my quote, that would give my dealer $1887 in profit plus whatever they get from financing and doc fees, even with the $500 discount. If you pay full MSRP, you're giving the dealer at least $2387 in profit. I don't even want to know how much the dealer profits from accessories. They are probably marked up 300% or more.

If I get the quote down to $33,850 on a LEAF SV, that would still give the dealer over $1000 in profit and I would feel a lot better about getting a good deal.

Since they don't have any on lot in KC it's a full MSRP order off the web deal. Going to try to put some pressure to get better then BB trade. Hoping for an end of June hmmm end of 1/4 delivery to maybe push the trade deal.

I'm thinking about waiting for a 2013 Leaf, but I just got a quote for a 2012 SV at $34,200 (destination fee included in that price) that sounds like a pretty good deal....Hmmm. I think I can get them lower too.

Crazy dang dealership....lol....they wrote back and found out that the price did include the $850 destination. Oh brother, can just imagine what type of circus I would run into going there :lol:

gergg said:
Crazy dang dealership....lol....they wrote back and found out that the price did include the $850 destination. Oh brother, can just imagine what type of circus I would run into going there :lol:
If it does include the D&D then that is a pretty good price: $1850/5% below MSRP.

It might be worth waiting for the 2013 pricing to be announced in a few months. But, of course, if you buy that SV now you get to drive gas-free now... Be sure that you don't want the QC port on the SL model though; depends a lot on where you live.

If it does include the D&D then that is a pretty good price: $1850/5% below MSRP.

It might be worth waiting for the 2013 pricing to be announced in a few months. But, of course, if you buy that SV now you get to drive gas-free now... Be sure that you don't want the QC port on the SL model though; depends a lot on where you live.
Yeah, he said they would do 5.25% off of MSRP. I still think I'm going to wait and see about the 2013 models. I thought I read on here that the 2013 won't be rolling off of the Tennessee line until December, think they might wait until then to adjust 2013 pricing based on the new plant costs?

New Leaf Owner
Price break down in British Columbia, Vancouver.
MSRP $38,020.00
Tire Recycling $25.00
Air Conditioner Levy $100.00
Tire and Wheel Levy $399.00
HST $3695.28
SubTotal $42,239.28
BC Government Rebate $5000.00
TOTAL $37,239.00
All in Canadian Dollars at par with US Dollar
:cool:

gergg said:
...I thought I read on here that the 2013 won't be rolling off of the Tennessee line until December, think they might wait until then to adjust 2013 pricing based on the new plant costs?
I have no idea; I've been wondering about that also. I presume that the first 2013 models will come from Japan but I suppose that the Smyrna LEAF could be "2013½" model and be somewhat different in pricing and options.

Back