2011 Leaf won't start. No lights either.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zhengst

I searched and browsed threads on this forum but didn't find problem I just got. Car refused to respond to attempts to start it. Used both keys and still not working. No response to charging plug either. The only response it has is that it beeps when doors are opened/closed.

Will definitely go to the dealer but any clue as to what the problem might be?

zhengst said:
I searched and browsed threads on this forum but didn't find problem I just got. Car refused to respond to attempts to start it. Used both keys and still not working. No response to charging plug either. The only response it has is that it beeps when doors are opened/closed.

Will definitely go to the dealer but any clue as to what the problem might be?
I wouldn't go to the dealer with a dead 12V battery. Instead, I'd go to Costco and get a new one. It's a 51R BCI Group Code, which is Costco fitment code 11. Less than $100 with a 3-year warranty.

Thanks guys. Yes, jumped the 12 V battery and it works now. Somehow the battery must have been drained overnight.

That's good to hear! You should charge it overnight with a good trickle charger or you risk getting stranded somewhere. Given the history of how the LEAF undercharges the 12V battery, you might get stranded anyway. Keep your jumper cables handy.

He said his battery is almost 5 years old: time to replace! All the trickle charge/tendering/monitoring is a waste of time at this point. My only other suggestion is replace that lead acid with a LiFePO4 battery like I did (http://stanton.myevblog.com/2012/01/16/getting-the-lead-out/)

No Start: 2013, 25000 miles, no problems got in to go but no power to start up power from 12v system. Got my VOM found 2.8 volts battery charge. Still under factory warranty. Dealer says got to have the car with the battery so jumped off. Tech tested battery w/ nissan tester no problem found. i read posts from earlier writings to check electrolyte, so i did but it was ok after i left dealer?

How long had your Leaf sat without being driven? Did you leave the Bluetooth dongle plugged into the OBDII port? I think that's what drained mine after we came back from vacation.

Back