2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings everyone. I just leased my Leaf today. I think I got a great deal, 1700 down and 162 per month for a 2012 SL. I'm now trying to figure out how to get the home charger installed as cheap as possible...

I actually brought a friend of mine that owned a 2011 Leaf and he bought out of his lease to get a new lease at a MUCH better rate.

look forward to conversing with you guys.

chuck

chuckb said:
Greetings everyone. I just leased my Leaf today. I think I got a great deal, 1700 down and 162 per month for a 2012 SL. I'm now trying to figure out how to get the home charger installed as cheap as possible...

I actually brought a friend of mine that owned a 2011 Leaf and he bought out of his lease to get a new lease at a MUCH better rate.

chuck

You can do the EVSE cable upgrade for about 300 and have a 220 outlet put on at home in the meantime. Until then, you can use the cable that came w the car at 110 but will take longer to charge. This is the least expensive upgrade to charge till you get the charger. I only use the EVSE cable upgrade from a forum member and don't have the need for the charger.

Congrats,

Ian B

To be more specific, I'm sure Ian's referring to http://www.evseupgrade.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, done by Ingineer.

There are many satisfied customers of his upgrade here on MNL.

chuckb said:

chuck

Was that a 24 months or 36 months lease ?
With taxes or not ?

One dealer is offering me a new 2012 SL with $0 down and $270/month + sales tax which is $292.27 . This is on a 3 year lease. Total cost $10521.9 .
Less the $2500 rebate, means $8021 . This is through 10/1 . Not sure if pricing will change after or not.

Does this seem like a deal that can be beaten ?

madbrain said:
One dealer is offering me a new 2012 SL with $0 down and $270/month + sales tax which is $292.27 . This is on a 3 year lease. Total cost $10521.9 .
Less the $2500 rebate, means $8021 . This is through 10/1 . Not sure if pricing will change after or not.

You need to get more information than just the monthly payment to determine if you're getting a good deal or not.

- negotiated price of the car (should be about $35,000 for an SL)
- money factor (should be .00003) (practically free financing)
- residual (not sure what it is for 36 months, but for 24 it's 57%)
- make sure you're getting the full $8,050 lease cash from NMAC

then plug all of that into leaseguide.com with your local sales tax rate to get what you should truly be paying

but based on what i've seen other people around here getting, that's a pretty solid deal

That was a 24 month lease. 1700 down 162 per month out the door.

Chuck

madbrain said:
chuckb said:

chuck

Was that a 24 months or 36 months lease ?
With taxes or not ?

What's the 2500 rebate? Is it CA specific?

My total payments for the 24 month lease is $5,588.

madbrain said:

chuckb said:
What's the 2500 rebate? Is it CA specific?

My total payments for the 24 month lease is $5,588.

Yes, the $2500 rebate is CA specific. It requires 3 year lease also, not good for 2 year leases.

Your deal still looks quite good for a 2 year. Comes out to about the same per month as my deal, except mine includes CA rebate and yours doesn't get that benefit.

topaz420 said:
madbrain said:

You need to get more information than just the monthly payment to determine if you're getting a good deal or not.

- negotiated price of the car (should be about $35,000 for an SL)
- money factor (should be .00003) (practically free financing)
- residual (not sure what it is for 36 months, but for 24 it's 57%)
- make sure you're getting the full $8,050 lease cash from NMAC

then plug all of that into leaseguide.com with your local sales tax rate to get what you should truly be paying

but based on what i've seen other people around here getting, that's a pretty solid deal

Yes, money factor is practically free financing.
I was told that the negotiated price of the car would only affect the downpayment and lease payments. But not the residual.

Residual is 48% of MSRP, and I have been told this is set per NMAC and cannot be changed. It has to be based off MSRP, not based on negotiated price of the car...

As far as lease cash, I believe I am getting all of it, yes.

If you can strip and crimp some wires, and mount the pieces in an enclosure, you can build OpenEVSE for about $300. This gives you an entire extra EVSE, engineered from the start for the AMPs you want, and you don't have to take the risk of paying for the Nissan EVSE when you return the vehicle at the end of the lease.

cwerdna said:
To be more specific, I'm sure Ian's referring to http://www.evseupgrade.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, done by Ingineer.

Just got a red SV for 33k minus 8,050 lease cash from nmac / 57% residual / 0.00003 money factor

$0 at signing
$248 including tax (Nevada) / 24 months

No one should be getting a bad deal with the programs Nissan has going these days (until 10/01/12 at least!)

I'm happy! :D

srl99 said:
If you can strip and crimp some wires, and mount the pieces in an enclosure, you can build OpenEVSE for about $300. This gives you an entire extra EVSE, engineered from the start for the AMPs you want, and you don't have to take the risk of paying for the Nissan EVSE when you return the vehicle at the end of the lease.

cwerdna said:

FWIW, the chance of having to pay for a Nissan EVSE at the end of a lease is very low. I think there'd be plenty of folks w/an unmodified Nissan L1 EVSE that'd be willing to swap it for an Ingineer upgraded one.

As has been widely reported this morning, Nissan has updated their pricing. Here is the promo lease deal effective October 1:

http://choosenissan.com said:

DaveinOlyWA said:
you got a great deal. my lease payments are $162.12 but i put $10,000 down. man that sucks but my lease is 3 years.

Dave;

You are a brave soul putting down 10K. If the car gets totaled, you will lose it all but, I do like that $162 payment in the meantime.

Ian B

topaz420 said:
This is the deal they posted on 09/20/12, that *ends* on 10/01/12
You are right, that's what the text of the ad says. Hmm, I picked it up from Nicki's Green Car Report article this morning, and the term listed on the site seem to match what she has reported. Would anyone know what's going on?

When they say "includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee" do they mean that fee in included in the $2999 initial payment, or do they mean "as part of this deal, we're going to be charging you an extra $595" ?

Back