2 years 12 bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ILETRIC said:
Maybe the problem is that even though the temp does not get into the critical values, it never goes down either, providing no chill relief for the battery. I'd recommend to empty that battery once in the while down to the last range bar with 10-15 miles left.
Well----I'm curious: I don't recall anything in the manual recommending this, nor Nissan making any statements in this regard. What reference :? :? :? :? :? :? are you basing this recommendation upon????

Near 29,000 miles, 12 bars. Most charges are to 80%. Used to charge to 100% in winter, which I don't think hurts at all if done just prior to driving. Weekday commute is 55 miles round trip, 80% freeway. There is some elevation changes that I have deal with (Sunol grade). I live in one of the hottest parts of the Bay area (Livermore-Pleasanton), but my car sits in Santa Clara with 50% or so charge most of the day. No charging at work. Come back with about 6-10 miles on the GOM. LB many times, never VLB or turtled. Try to drive at 55 mph and not exceed 20kW on the output. Have QC'd about 6 times. Have not seen any noticeable reduction in range. The GOM usually shows around 70 mile range when at 80%. Hopefully I get through this summer without a bar loss. I have two things going against me, a long commute with speeds near 55mph and two, high temperatures.

I have actually had my Ah measured recently by both Gid meter and ELM327. I'm at 88% and have heard of folks at 84% who haven't lost the first CB but are expecting it at any time.

TomT said:
Since the first bar is so wide, you really have no way to know what your loss is without some form of Gid meter. Remember that the 12th bar (15%) equals more then two of any of the other bars (6.25%) in capacity... You could be right at a 15% loss and not yet know it based only on capacity bars...

bytrain said:
27 months. 25,000 miles. No bars lost here in Sacramento. At home, I only charge after 1am. At work, I begin my charge at 7am. 95% of the time, I only charge to 80% SOC. I'm not going to worry about the new software because I'll be turning the car in 9 months from now. Likely for a 2014 LEAF :D

I had the car for 2 years and I always charge 100%, and drive it to last bar most of the time. car is at 26,500 miles now. I lost 1 bar about 2 month ago, and last week i lost another bar. with ac on I can get 50 miles maybe 55 max, with ac off I can get 65 to maybe 70 miles max... i'm in san diego

downforceusa said:
I had the car for 2 years and I always charge 100%, and drive it to last bar most of the time. car is at 26,500 miles now. I lost 1 bar about 2 month ago, and last week i lost another bar. with ac on I can get 50 miles maybe 55 max, with ac off I can get 65 to maybe 70 miles max...

Post location please, preferably in the User Control Panel --> Profile so it appears below your name with every post. Location (and thus climate) puts your capacity loss, or lack thereof, in just as much perspective as time and mileage and charging habits.

2 years and about one month. 12 bars, 268 GID this morning after the SW upgrade done yesterday. 32300 miles, no issues, no maintenance cost other than the tire rotation and a new set of wiper blades. I will order the cabin filter this week. The car spends about 60% of its life charged at 80% in the garage. Quick charged many times but rarely went above 6 temperature bars after QC; average QC time around 15 minutes.

Back