12 volt batterie

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

I have a 2012 with the little solar panel.what does this panel do?My main question is the 12 volt batterie.How does it charge?On the cmax energI site they are saying to charge it every 6 months ,to keep it in good topped off charge.do we need to do that on the leaf?I've read about a few premature 12 volt dead batteries.Kind of makes sense to charge or top off the 12 volt ,if the charging system only maintains the batterie at a certain level.

epic said:
I have a 2012 with the little solar panel.what does this panel do?
It charges the 12v battery. It doesn't do much though. It's mostly a feel-good gimmick.
My main question is the 12 volt batterie.How does it charge?
It's charged from the main 40v pack as needed.
I've read about a few premature 12 volt dead batteries.Kind of makes sense to charge or top off the 12 volt ,if the charging system only maintains the batterie at a certain level.
I believe the only issue people have run into with the 12v not getting charged was if you leave the car plugged in but not charging for an extended length of time. For some reason, the 12v battery will not get charged in this situation [reference].

Back