105+ mile range

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
What is important and relevant is your m/kW h, and you aren't even close.
Chill out, dude.

I'd argue that extreme mi/kWh is mostly a factor of living in an area amenable to such activities. There are very few roads around here where it's physically possible to get significantly over 5 mi/kWh without being a moving traffic hazard.

LEAFfan said:
When you can consistently obtain 6.5m/kW h or higher, then you can brag about being a leader. For instance, where are you on CWs pertaining to 'driving efficiency'? When you are number one on there (U.S.), please let us know.
Carwings rankings are a joke. The current US "Champion" is at 26.7 m/kWh and my regional "Champion" is 62 m/kWh :!: How is that even physically possible? There is "gaming of the system" going on, or outright software errors involved. If someone can average 62 m/kWh, they could conceivably travel 1300 miles on a single charge. 26.7 would yield a max. range of 560 miles. I'm not buying that at all. It's BS, plain and simple.

Our car's longterm average is 6.7 m/kWh for 2012 and it is ranked only 151st on regional CW stats. We have never driven over 100 miles on a single charge (out of lack of desire to do so), but I appreciate the efforts of people who have (like Nightrider) and think it is a more practical demonstration of what is possible than a CW ranking.

YMMV,
TT

It would be pretty straightforward to manipulate the CAN bus to fool Carwings into reporting crazy-high numbers like these. A redneck way would be to tow the Leaf with your pickup tuck. =)

I don't doubt there is cheating afoot!

-Phil

ttweed said:
Our car's longterm average is 6.7 m/kWh for 2012 and it is ranked only 151st on regional CW stats. We have never driven over 100 miles on a single charge (out of lack of desire to do so), but I appreciate the efforts of people who have (like Nightrider) and think it is a more practical demonstration of what is possible than a CW ranking.

YMMV,
TT

At 7 miles/kWh I'm ranked 93rd regionally, but I also see the same guy at #1 with 60+ m/kWh. I stopped looking at the rankings when I saw abnormally high numbers like that. As long as I'm consistently above 5 m/kWh, I'm a happy camper... heck, as long as it's 10 times cheaper to "fuel" my EV versus an ICE, I'll be a happy camper.

Back