webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Are there 2022 leafs for sale in the US?

There is a single 2022 Leaf for sale in Canada. Wondering if production is way off or are they just prioritizing certain markets. My guess is they are losing sales here by having pretty much zero stock. Is Canada the only market where they are in extremely short supply? What is production like?
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Are there 2022 leafs for sale in the US?

I was busy (on vacay so out of town) but the situation seems pretty bad.

A Bay Area (very strong EV market here) dealer that I reached out to (one I leased my 1st Leaf from) pings me every now and then but all I can respond with is that I'm In limbo due to waiting for buyback numbers or denial from GM for my Bolt.

Via text convo (that's how they've been pinging me), I asked them how many they're receiving each month. They said they're scheduled to receive 5 Leafs in January but 3 already have deposits on them.

In general, sometimes when I pass by car dealers, they have few cars. When I was in So Cal, I passed by a Toyota dealer and could see the lot was nearly empty.

I test drove a Kia Niro EV a few weeks ago and they had a couple. Sales droid complained that before, they'd have like 200 cars (in total) and now they have like 20. I think he had 3 or 4 Niro EVs and I asked if they'd be gone in a week (or was it two?). He said yes. I was mainly trying to make sure that it wasn't a deal breaker if I receive a decent buyback offer and then would need a temp EV.

Another dealer (probably not high volume Leaf before) who I'd been speaking to seems to get maybe 1 or 2 a month.

A few months back, I called Gilroy Nissan and they said they didn't expect any for the rest of 2021.

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
OldManCan
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 07 Dec 2021
Leaf Number: 553784

I started looking to buy a White SL+ mid November. I was a noob and was hoping to find a dealer that has stock and walk in and drive out. Ha! Little did I know they were literally sold before they landed at the dealerships. To make the story short, I placed a deposit for a car that had an ETA of 5th December. Along the way I kept track of many other dealerships in case something went wrong with my car on deposit and less than a handfull cars became available before I finally picked mine on the 7th.

What I noted was that those dealers that had stock sitting on their lot for more than a day were invariably the ones that sold with dealer markups and/or so called dealer accessory packages. Some were bold enough to ask for $4K markup over MSRP + dealer accessory package of $3K...

All in all I think less than 10 LEAFs were delivered in whole SoCal in the period that I started tracking till now which is about a month.

Good luck in your search and purchase.
2022 SL+
SoCal
knightmb
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2021
Leaf Number: 306291

I might have a way to get anyone who wants to buy the remaining 2021 inventory Leaf at manufacture pricing in touch with someone at Nissan HQ, but I'm trying to see what "limits" they have on this and how many can participate. Basically, Nissan HQ has some extra inventory they keep at the business and they are willing to sell them at basically the cost they paid to get it (no dealership haggling, get full tax credit, etc), but I am trying to find how many they have available to do this with. It's kind of like getting the Leaf at the full employee discount price. When I have more info, I'll create a topic for it as I'm in touch with one of the top managers at the Nissan HQ about this deal.
2020 Leaf SL Plus - (Manufacture Date March 2020)
2018 Leaf SL - (Manufacture Date February 2018)
2013 Leaf SV - (8 faithful years of service before trade in at 75,679 miles LeafSpy-Data)
Timekoin - The World's Most Energy Efficient Encrypted Digital Currency
cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

That's weird. I might be interested if my Bolt buyback goes thru but it would need to be competitive in price with 2022 MSRPs (big MSRP drop for '22) and need to be eligible for full $7500 Federal tax credit.

Prices at pricing tabs of https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releas ... -press-kit vs. https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releas ... -press-kit

If it's above 2022 MSRPs, then it's a hard no. Warranty clock would need to start when I purchase, not years ago. Full tax credit is a must unless it's discounted $7500.

I'd mainly be interested in SV or SV Plus and not either S. SL Plus would be a maybe... No black cars for me either. There are a few colors that I don't like much/prefer (e.g. dark grey or orange) but would be ok if it's cheap enough.
Last edited by cwerdna on Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
OldManCan
Gold Member

I’d be surprised if they aren’t all 2022s at this time. Hope this works out for some lucky folks still on t he hunt for a good deal this year!
2022 SL+
SoCal
DougWantsALeaf
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811

There are a dozen in Chicago if you can find a way to get them to CA.
2019 S Plus (93.3% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (89.9% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh
fester
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2021

There's a few "in transit" to central Ohio, my 2022 SV Plus is somewhere in the nether regions between the factory and dealer...
OldManCan
Gold Member

fester wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:19 pm There's a few "in transit" to central Ohio, my 2022 SV Plus is somewhere in the nether regions between the factory and dealer...
This was the most frustrating part of the new car buying process for me. Let's face it, Amazon has spoiled us all with its "Your item is 10 stops away from you, click here to track its progress..." level of visibility. It was real hard for me to believe no one knew or could tell where a $40K+ product was at any given time but it seems that is the state of affairs when it comes to car delivery logistics...
2022 SL+
SoCal
fester
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2021

Tracking a trucks position seems easy by GPS these days, SOMEBODY must know, but they aren't sharing.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”