2013 LEAF Pricing and Features-S:28,800 SV:31,820 SL:34,840

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A grand for the camera and sound system? That's not terrible. I expected worse. I think once I see the around view camera I'll have to have it :ugeek:

SV vs SL differences are:

• 17" wheels
  • Solar panel
  • Leather seating
  • Cargo area cover
  • HomeLink

and that'll cost you exactly $1,390 over the SV. Again, not outrageous. I think it's fair to ask that for people wanting leather.

I think I'll end up with the SL with the Premium Package, $35,890 (plus destination), minus $7500, minus $4-6k for Colorado rebate = around $25k out the door fully loaded.

I'm not so sure... It gives a rather odd perspective. Since the side cameras are in the side view mirrors, they also do not give you that much of a view that you could not see by simply looking out the side windows. The systems that use side view cameras in the front and back of the vehicle are more useful as they cover blind spots you have when backing out of a parking space or pulling in to a street with your view blocked by cars parked on either side. It's a much better blended picture of your surroundings with less distortion but, of course, it is also somewhat more expensive because of the additional cameras...

wantonsoup said:
I think once I see the around view camera I'll have to have it :ugeek:

MrIanB said:
I think the people in the state of Georgia will steal this car with their 5k state rebate.

Way to go Nissan.

Ian B
Believe it or not, we get $7,500.00 here in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia (where Coal is King LOL!). So I'd be looking at the following for the "S"...

$28,800.00 MSRP
<$7,500.00> Federal Tax Credit
<$7,500.00> West Virginia Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Tax Credit
------------
$13,800.00 Effective Out-Of-Pocket Cost Of A New 2013 Nissan Leaf "S" Trim

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/laws/WV/tech/3253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That said, I'm still leaning towards leasing a remaining 2012 SL or 2013 SV if the price is right. Just can't bring myself to commit to an outright purchase until we know what the battery replacement costs/policies will be.

Here are the trims, options & prices for MY2013.

The option prices look decent. Note that port installed options have gone up by about $5 each.

I wish it wasn't necessary to buy Bose to get around view. No technical connection whatsoever.

My MSRP would be $34,500 + destination for SV+ package 2 & 3.

MY2013trims.png

TomT said:
...Since the side cameras are in the side view mirrors, they also do not give you that much of a view that you could not see by simply looking out the side windows...

But they are wide angle cameras, and pointed somewhat downwards.
So you can see the distance between the tires and curb which can be handy for precision parallel parking... (You can't really do that by looking out of the window, unless you point the motorized mirrors downwards.)

EngravEER said:
MrIanB said:
I think the people in the state of Georgia will steal this car with their 5k state rebate.

Way to go Nissan.

Ian B
Believe it or not, we get $7,500.00 here in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia (where Coal is King LOL!). So I'd be looking at the following for the "S"...

$28,800.00 MSRP
<$7,500.00> Federal Tax Credit
<$7,500.00> West Virginia Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Tax Credit
------------
$13,800.00 Effective Out-Of-Pocket Cost Of A New 2013 Nissan Leaf "S" Trim

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/laws/WV/tech/3253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That said, I'm still leaning towards leasing a remaining 2012 SL or 2013 SV if the price is right. Just can't bring myself to commit to an outright purchase until we know what the battery replacement costs/policies will be.

Wow, that is outrageously awesome. May be worth the wait if you don't need all the feature of the SL or SV.

Ian B

wantonsoup said:
A grand for the camera and sound system? That's not terrible. I expected worse. I think once I see the around view camera I'll have to have it :ugeek:

SV vs SL differences are:

• 17" wheels
  • Solar panel
  • Leather seating
  • Cargo area cover
  • HomeLink

and that'll cost you exactly $1,390 over the SV. Again, not outrageous. I think it's fair to ask that for people wanting leather.

I think I'll end up with the SL with the Premium Package, $35,890 (plus destination), minus $7500, minus $4-6k for Colorado rebate = around $25k out the door fully loaded.
you confuse me.
i thought the difference between sl and sv is 3k?

One thing I still can't make out.

Will SV & SL have RearView monitor as standard ? Otherwise the only way to get RearView is to buy the AroundView in a package with Bose for $1,050.

If you buy the AroundView do you have to also get the speakers? I'd probably get that, but I really don't want the speakers, especially since it takes up trunk space.

This is incredible!.. no more excuses that the Leaf does not pencil out.. all I hope is that they dont artificially constrain the supply of the S package.

Will GM follow suit with the Volt and Spark?.. Any one want to guess how many sales for 2013?

gsleaf said:
If you buy the AroundView do you have to also get the speakers? I'd probably get that, but I really don't want the speakers, especially since it takes up trunk space.
Yes, only way to get AroundView is the Premium Package (that comes with the speakers).

wantonsoup said:
Any pics of the trunk with the speakers in there? I didn't know it consumed space back there.
At the bottom (where the charger used to be) - something 4" thick can be seen in photos. The subwoofer amp ... ?

2013LEAF_035-300x200.jpg

Hello from the Great White North, has anybody seen the Canadian prices? For the 2012 we were paying a $4800 premium, hopefully it will better now.

evnow said:
...At the bottom (where the charger used to be) - something 2" thick can be seen in photos. The subwoofer amp ... ?
It's the subwoofer itself, skinny and wide, roughly three inches high, maybe 5 inches deep and the width of the trunk. Probably has several 3" drivers in parallel.

evnow said:
One thing I still can't make out.

Will SV & SL have RearView monitor as standard ? Otherwise the only way to get RearView is to buy the AroundView in a package with Bose for $1,050.

+1! That's exactly what I wondered when I saw the specs last week.

Back