Charging timer Leaf Acenta 2018 model

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leafy1954

This is my second Leaf purchase. The first model I bought was a pre loved 2014 model and was so pleased with it that I upgraded in 2021 and bought a 2018 model in order to achieve more mileage per charge. I love everything about it except the charging timer which is confounding me. Three times I have asked the local Nissan garage to help me and every time they say it is working correctly. The timers (why are there 2) are set to come on at 00.30 and go off at 06.30. Whenever I plug the car in the night before in preparation it starts charging immediately and appears oblivious of the timer settings. When I plug the car in early afternoon to make use of solar energy the timer decides to work? Then I have to over ride it using the button on the dashboard to get it to charge straight away. Can anyone help me with this issue please?

There is a setting in there that says something like "Full Charge Priority" and that is selected, allowing the car to start charging immediately upon plugging it, to try to reach a full charge. Uncheck that, and the timer should behave as you wish.

Thank you I have unchecked Full charge priority and it seems to be working. I'll know tomorrow morning if it has charged overnight

Back