New Member Intro & Qustion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabius

Hello All,

I am in northern Indiana, just east of South Bend. I am looking for an electric vehicle and have narrowed the search down to the Leaf. Thanks to great info on the web I’ve narrowed the search to the 2013 model equipped with the quick charge, LED lights and heat pump heater.

My question is I see a 2013 Leaf S with 59,500miles. It shows 12 bars & 73 mile range. Is that possible with that many miles on the car? There is no mention of a battery change out.

We have had two Chrysler GEMS (Global Electric Motors) in the distant past. Chrysler sold off GEM a few years ago. The Gem was basically a street legal golf cart.

Looking forward to you responses.

It is possible, but make sure that the build date, as shown on the driver's side door sill sticker, is after 3/2013. AFTER that date. Also, if this car has been through an auction or is being sold by a dealer, there is a good chance that the battery management system (BMS) was reset to falsely show 12 bars. Now let me find the buying guide...

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662

Fabius said:
....I’ve narrowed the search to the 2013 model equipped with the quick charge, LED lights and heat pump heater.

My question is I see a 2013 Leaf S with 59,500miles. It shows 12 bars & 73 mile range. Is that possible with that many miles on the car? There is no mention of a battery change out.
First a '13S Leaf will never have LED lights and a heat pump heater from the factory :)
I'd be extremely surprised to see a '13 let alone one with almost 60k have all 12 bars and for range, 73 is about the max my '13S had new. Mine now has 11 bars and a range of about 65 miles and this was with babying the battery in a cooler climate. I'd guess the BMS was reset on the car your looking at.

Back