RJ45 (ethernet) recepticle on the Blink?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpage

Anyone know the part number of the female RJ45 receptacle on the Blink? I'd like to get the associated male plug. Thanks!

Thanks -- it appears that one can enclose the make RJ45 in some weatherproof case? Anyone have a part number or is this not correct? Thanks!

Do you mean "enclose the male RJ45"? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Will your Blink be outside and you're trying to figure out how to feed it with the network cable?

call sunwest electric in Orange County CA.
ask for shawn.
she can tell you what sheath works best to protect the ethernet connection outdoors.

hpage said:
Thanks -- it appears that one can enclose the make RJ45 in some weatherproof case? Anyone have a part number or is this not correct? Thanks!
As far as I've been able to tell, there is no "female" component to create a 100% weatherproof ethernet connection. You would need to replace the whole thing with something like this: http://www.fab-corp.com/product.php?productid=3199

I'm pretty sure there is enough room to install this connector in the Blink. For $6.27 I think it would be worth trying! :D

The OP still hasn't really given very mh info on exactly what problem he's trying to solve...

If it is a Blink provided under the EV Project that is being installed, perhaps the installers will take care of the Cat 5 cable for you?

Back