surfingslovak
Vendor

Re: Can you apply for Ecotality EV Project after buying a Le

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 pm

I had the same problem, and Nissan put the eTec survey into my account after I took delivery. I inquired with the Blink people via email and by phone as well, and this is what I've heard. Based on my experience, I'd think that it's possible to participate in the program even after taking possession of the vehicle.

---

George,

In order to join the EV Project, the first step you must take is call Nissan at 1-877-NO-GAS-EV and ask for them to post the initial EV Project survey on your Leaf Customer Journey page. If you’re not familiar with this page they should be able to inform you about it. Thank you for being interested in the EV Project!

Best Regards,

Brian Kozma
Blink Network, Contact Center
P: (888) 998-BLINK(2546)
F: (248) 232-5425
support@blinknetwork.com

kevin672
Delivery Date: 24 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1589

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:20 pm

So long as you're in a city where the EV Project is still open you can join after getting your car. I've done just that. I adopted an orphan about 4 weeks ago. My charger is being installed under the EV Project next week. I don't know about getting the $700 for the QC port yet. I was waiting until until all the documents for the EV Project were signed before asking for that. I'll probably take that up next week.

Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:38 pm

kevin672 wrote:So long as you're in a city where the EV Project is still open you can join after getting your car. I've done just that. I adopted an orphan about 4 weeks ago. My charger is being installed under the EV Project next week. I don't know about getting the $700 for the QC port yet. I was waiting until until all the documents for the EV Project were signed before asking for that. I'll probably take that up next week.
I would love to find out from you if you're going to be able to get the $700 QC refunded to you or not. My brother is also considering adopting an orphan Leaf and may be willing to pay MSRP to forgo the wait. But he's hung up on having to pay MSRP AND the $700 (plus tax) for the QC option on top of MSRP, which is kind of the straw that breaks the camel's back for him. So he stepped back and decided to go through the normal reservation.

I'm hearing from some poster here who went on the second wave of reservation that opened up in May and has already been able to place an order shortly thereafter and now is being told they'll get their car in September. And they're getting an assessment visit soon for an L2 charger installation. So I'm truly surprised to hear how fast the second wave of reservation people are able to get their cars. This makes my brother hesitates some more and decides to wait.

Andy

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 am

I would be happy if someone could describe the method for bypassing Nissan and joining the EV project. Signing up on the EV project website did not help me to get offered to take the survey.
Blue SL ordered on 8/31/10, delivered on 1/15/11

oakwcj
Delivery Date: 19 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2441

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:14 am

Volusiano wrote:What if somebody reserves a LEAF, applies and gets approved for the EV project, then found an orphan car at a local dealership and decides to buy that orphan car instead of waiting to order their own? Do you know of anybody in that situation where the $700 QC option is waived since they're already approved for the EV project?
That was my situation, except that the orphan I bought came with the QC. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, because I wanted to be in the EV project. Since I was already in Ecotality's database, they escalated my application and I got my Blink installed this week. I called Nissan CS the day after I picked up my car and received a $700 check last week.
Cayenne Red SL-e
Blink Installed 6/23/11

Spies
Delivery Date: 10 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0255

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:18 am

Andy wrote:Nissan did not allow me to apply for the EV project when it launched in the Bay Area, which was a few weeks after I took delivery. The only reason given was that I had already taken delivery. This process may of course not be consistent.
I had my Leaf before the program was launched in the Bay Area as well but got into the program by just being persistent. It took a while and I ended up calling and emailing a number of different people at both Nissan and Ecotality to do it. In the end I have a Blink EVSE installed in the garage and received a check for $700 from Nissan to cover the cost of the DC option.

The only thing that would have prevented me from being in the program would have been if I took delivery of a Leaf without the DC option.

At this point I have no idea if the programs quota has been filled however.
Green Honda EV Plus 02/1998-12/2003 plate "ZERO CO2" rip, Aptera 2e #726 canceled
Blue Nissan Leaf SL loaded reserved 04/20/2010 ordered 08/31/2010 EVSE Blink #182
CARWINGS Nickname Theres233, should be Spies

Spies
Delivery Date: 10 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0255

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:23 am

One can also read more about the refunding of the $700 in this thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2959
Green Honda EV Plus 02/1998-12/2003 plate "ZERO CO2" rip, Aptera 2e #726 canceled
Blue Nissan Leaf SL loaded reserved 04/20/2010 ordered 08/31/2010 EVSE Blink #182
CARWINGS Nickname Theres233, should be Spies

Return to “Blink”