rear seat belts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mx5racer

has anyone come up with a good way to help hold the buckles up.
My kids have a hard time buckling in because the latch falls deep into the hole.
I am using a towel to try and wedge it up now.

I have the same problem and have not found a solution. Nissan needs a design improvement as well as redesign access to the anchors that hold children`s seats. It is very hard to hook the straps into the latches. Cars i have owned in the past have the latches coming up from underneath the cushion and that makes it easier to hook them.

If you have the Wet Okole seat covers, it makes it even worse because the hole becomes even deeper. When I took the rear seat off to install the Wet Okole seat cover, I had to zip tie the 2 buckles on the passenger side together at the bottom (where the fabric cable meets the buckle) so that they support each other because one will help hold the other up. That works pretty good.

The single buckle on the passenger side, I don't have anything to zip tie it to because it's there all by itself, so I just make a loopy zip tie around it, so that if it gets pushed down, you can grab the zip tie loop to pull it back up. This works for a while but now this zip tie loop broke off on one end, but still usable until the other end broke off. I guess somebody was too heavy handed in yanking it up. Maybe instead of using zip ties, some sort of rope would be more durable.

I was easy for me to do the zip tying because I had the seat off. Taking the bottom seat off is not too hard, but putting it back on may be a bit more tricky.

Mx5racer said:
has anyone come up with a good way to help hold the buckles up.
My kids have a hard time buckling in because the latch falls deep into the hole.
I am using a towel to try and wedge it up now.

Great question. We have the same problem over here! Those rear seatbelts are poorly designed.

Definitely, the short buckle is the biggest problem with the car.

I am looking at using the mini-bungie cords to keep tension
on the buckle, connected to the booster seat.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/226717093/Mini_Bungee_Cord_Set.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Having to deal with buckling in the 5 yr old s like dealing with a 3 year old again - arg!

-T

Back