Small Headrests we can order them

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

BUT......................

Hello Steve,

No problem always happy to help (even tho i am a crystal palace fan).

I think rear headrests will really scare you :-

864303NA1A X2 £259.00 each .
864603NA0A X1 £259.00

Kind regards

Malcolm Chapman

TEL 01424855151

So whos in?

I am going to try using these Sku numbers with my Dealer and see if they can get them, I am also going to try
nissanaccessories247.com as they seem to be the place to get aftermarket Leaf gear at a resonable price.
I will shoot them an email today and get back with the result.

Sent an email to nissanaccessories247

Hi I recently purchased various Leaf aftermarket items and was very very impressed with you customer service.

I as a new Leaf owner (well in December) spend time on MyNissanLeaf.com
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where I found your site quite a few of the members on that site have expresses a way to replace the US back headrests with the Japanese or European ones which are smaller.
I have a contact at a UK dealership and the part numbers they have for those headrests are

864303NA1A X2
864603NA0A X1

Can you using the above Sku numbers source these headrests from Nissan?
If so we could arrange a group buy as there is an overwhelming desire to switch to the smaller ones (I would think an order of 50+ pairs.

Thanks
Steve Webb

So maybe........................

I have passengers regularly so removal of the headrests is a no-go...so I just fold the seats down when I'm alone. I get maximum visibility, and no futzing with putting headrests back when they're needed. However, I'd love to buy the short ones if they could be made available for a reasonable price.

Are the two numbers a left and a right, or what?

For now, I just turn the headrests 90 degrees, and get most of the benefit of removing them, without having to store them somewhere.

Not sure $900 for a bit smaller pair is that cost-effective (for me). :D

Wow, at that price I would think an upholstery shop might be able to make custom headrests using the small ones as a sample much less expensive -- perhaps the headrests also come on another Nissan U.S. product although I have noticed that even minivans are getting these much larger headrests -- perhaps a U.S. mandate?

Update

They will not be made available in the USA and never through US Dealerships period!
I just had a long conversation with Nissan Corp and the reason is specifications when they brought the car to the US market.
I guess they say the car will meet these specifications, small headrests were size X, and Japan and Europe were size Y.
There has gotta be another cars headrest that will fit the Leaf.. Someone just has to find it.

just take them out unless someone rides in back. i keep them in the boot, the wedge in nicely or they ride in my homemade trunk organizer; a cardboard box, waiting on a milk box from a yard sale.

Thanks for researching the possibilities Brightonuk.

I really want the smaller headrests but the prices are just way too high.

Maybe some UK Leaf owners may want to trade for bigger US spec ones?? ;-P

thankyouOB said:
just take them out unless someone rides in back. i keep them in the boot, the wedge in nicely or they ride in my homemade trunk organizer; a cardboard box, waiting on a milk box from a yard sale.
If nobody's riding in back, it's even easier to leave the headrests in and fold the seats down...

Levenkay said:
If nobody's riding in back, it's even easier to leave the headrests in and fold the seats down...

Curse you!, you suck all the fun out of these forums with common sense comments :)

Levenkay said:
thankyouOB said:
You must have your front seats a lot closer than me. When I tried folding down the rear seats, the headrests hit the back of our seats so they don't go down all the way.

If I can figure out a way to buy the Japanese or European headrests for a reasonable price, I definitely will. :D

I removed the passenger side one after almost getting smashed from the side while backing out of a space. Hopefully someone will come up with a headrest that has a net-like material or some other way to let us see out the back. The camera is great, but it doesn't catch everything.

So expensive. Nissan has a great car here but things like the oversize headrests are out of control. They should give us the option to choose smaller ones.

I bagged the back seat headrests pretty early on following the suggestion on this site. It was an easy decision since we have car seats in the back but at some point that will change and it would be nice to have Nissan offer a reasonably priced euro version. the stock US version are so large they obstruct the view.

Wattson said:
I removed the passenger side one after almost getting smashed from the side while backing out of a space.

thats why a lot of modern thinkers advocate backing up into a parking space.. so you can see what you are doing when it comes time to rush off.. also a good idea for your home parking, avoids running over toddlers and cats. Its a good habit to get into, I'm working on it.

Back