Small Headrests we can order them

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herm said:
Wattson said:
I removed the passenger side one after almost getting smashed from the side while backing out of a space.

thats why a lot of modern thinkers advocate backing up into a parking space.. so you can see what you are doing when it comes time to rush off.. also a good idea for your home parking, avoids running over toddlers and cats. Its a good habit to get into, I'm working on it.
I've done this for years... My theory is that I am usually not in a hurry to get home, or to where I'm parking, so reversing is easy. Though on some occasions, I definitely am in a hurry to leave!

Think if your garage is on fire, earthquake, etc. It's silly I know, but if it's a wash either way, then why not do it in advance?

(BTW: I pulled my rear headrests day-one.)

-Phil

Not sure why everyone is completely removing the headrests. Rotating them:

1. solves the visibility problem
2. solves the storage problem
3. keeps them available if somebody gets in the back seat.

It just seems like a better solution, but it seems like Gary G and I are the only ones who think so.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=107873#p107873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since my EVSE is at the front of the garage, backing in won't work for me as the cord won't reach... If I had a 25' cord it would work either way but not with the 18' that comes with the Blink... And we can't back in with the other car as that would put the driver's door right against the storage cabinets and you'd then have to crawl over the center console to get out through the passenger's door... So, I'm very good at backing out quickly if need be! :lol:
Ingineer said:
thats why a lot of modern thinkers advocate backing up into a parking space.

palmermd said:
Not sure why everyone is completely removing the headrests. Rotating them....

Good idea but I'll stow them -- they could conceivably fly off and become missiles in the event of a significant rear end collision....

Brightonuk said:
Update

They will not be made available in the USA and never through US Dealerships period!
I just had a long conversation with Nissan Corp and the reason is specifications when they brought the car to the US market.
I guess they say the car will meet these specifications, small headrests were size X, and Japan and Europe were size Y.
There has gotta be another cars headrest that will fit the Leaf.. Someone just has to find it.

How about the Versa? That car is almost identical in size to the LEAF. I can't say if they meet the criteria but it might be worth checking out.

hpage said:
palmermd said:
Not sure why everyone is completely removing the headrests. Rotating them....

Good idea but I'll stow them -- they could conceivably fly off and become missiles in the event of a significant rear end collision....

Impossible to fly off. Take a look at the photo. I can't even remove them with brute force unless I lower the seat. They have to be installed with the seat lowered as well. The shaft is too long to be able to remove them without lowering the seat, and when they are put into the outside holes and then rotated they are so close to the wall they are wedged in place.

palmermd said:
Not sure why everyone is completely removing the headrests. Rotating them:

1. solves the visibility problem
2. solves the storage problem
3. keeps them available if somebody gets in the back seat.

It just seems like a better solution, but it seems like Gary G and I are the only ones who think so.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=107873#p107873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I tried this, but didn't like the look of them. Looks like someone's kids had their way with your car! =)

Since I rarely have passengers, and am often hauling stuff, it makes more sense to leave them out. I will kindly give any potential back seat passengers the ability to opt-out in my "Experimental" and possibly dangerous whip-lash inducing EV! =)

-Phil

Back