Used Leaf Scams

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrjones

I happened to be looking through Facebook market place and came across the Leaf below. As much as I want to see more people in EVs, it is this kind of thing that worries me. Someine will buy it who doesn't know better.

Look at the listing! Over two hundred miles of range. Look at the photos. Down several bars for SOH and half charged showing only 22 miles of range. Am I missing something?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3763759237024709/?ref=facebook_story_share

I'm not on Facebook so I can't report it as fraud. Others should do so.

And now we have the author of an app that lets you commit battery reset fraud posting right here.

It's crazy that the poster would claim:
"'Gets more than 200 miles on a charge. Premium sound, back up camera, TWO charging cables, one for quick charge capability."

It's an S trim and he says it's a '15. HAHAHA about "premium sound". S trim has the worst stereo out of the 3 possibles on the '15. One needs to go w/an SV or SL trim w/premium package to get the best stereo (Bose).

It could have an aftermarket stereo, but there is no way it has 200 miles of range. Seriously, can't someone report that dealership?

Maybe the crook selling it was able to get the GOM to briefly show 200 miles.

I'm on Facebook to share thoughts and photos of daily life with family and a small collection of friends. I certainly don't use it for news, and would never use it for buying things.

jlv said:
I'm on Facebook to share thoughts and photos of daily life with family and a small collection of friends. I certainly don't use it for news, and would never use it for buying things.

Same here, I use it for photos of my hiking and backpacking and such, so that friends and family can see.

I can't think of any way they would have honestly thought it had 200 miles of range.

Back