tps
Delivery Date: 07 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 18044

My 1991 Camry may not make another year....

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:49 pm

I was hoping to get another year from my Camry until the Leaf is available here in PA. But tonight on the way home from work, 1 block from my house at a stop sign, the car did nut produce any torque to the wheels when I tried to go the last block. The engine would rev, but it was as if the car was in neutral. No noise or strangeness before the stop... Maybe a transmission issue. I had to push it into a parking space about a half block from the house. The car was just in the shop for its annual state inspection a bit over a month ago. I'm going to check the obvious at first light tomorrow.

sjfotos
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: My 1991 Camry may not make another year....

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:30 am

tps wrote:I was hoping to get another year from my Camry until the Leaf is available here in PA. But tonight on the way home from work, 1 block from my house at a stop sign, the car did nut produce any torque to the wheels when I tried to go the last block. The engine would rev, but it was as if the car was in neutral. No noise or strangeness before the stop... Maybe a transmission issue. I had to push it into a parking space about a half block from the house. The car was just in the shop for its annual state inspection a bit over a month ago. I'm going to check the obvious at first light tomorrow.

Yup. Same problem here. I have a '94 Lexus that i am nursing along. If it blows out before the likely 2012 delivery of a LEAF, then i will go to Prius or the next most available EV.

Pity, but that is the way it is.

Sorry to hear about the Camry...it does sounds like a transmission issue.
Forum Supporter

Steve in PA
Reserved 4/20/2010, Forgotten in Pennsylvania

Return to “Off-Topic”