Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:31 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:43 pm
jlv wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:37 am
LeftieBiker wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 pm
The Mustang has always had a range of powerplants
I think he was referring to the body style than the powerplant.
Again, the original Mustang was a Falcon with what amounted to an extensive facelift. It was actually pretty homely, and resembled the sports cars of the era about as much as did a small delivery truck.

The new version also looks like a compact car modified to look sportier. I think that people look at a '65 Mustang (often with a straight six and one carb, IIRC) and see the V-8 '69 in larval form, rather than what is actually in front of them. Personally, I don't think the Mustang looked very Sporty until the stretched version in the Seventies.

Homely? Eye of the beholder, but nah, it was decent looking for the era, and certainly a lot nicer than the Falcon. Of course, the sports car was the fastback: https://www.google.com/search?q=%2765+m ... uRft_lXM5M

I don't think too many people think the fastback's homely, and certainly no one who grew up with visions of driving one very fast through San Francisco. What would Steve think? :lol:
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

leaf16
Delivery Date: 19 Mar 2016
Leaf Number: 305317

Re: Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:00 am

I don't think too many people think the fastback's homely, and certainly no one who grew up with visions of driving one very fast through San Francisco. What would Steve think? :lol:
I think McQueen would be stunned that his Mustang Bullitt sold at an auction last month for $3,4 Million.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/steve-mcqu ... -4-million
2016 Leaf SV Pearl White
2019 Leaf SL Plus Silver Metallic
2020 Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue Reservation -- Hoping for Oct delivery

GRA

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:19 pm

GCR:
Ford Mustang Mach-E demand goes well beyond the California bubble
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... nia-bubble

Three months after opening the reservations window for its upcoming 2021 Mustang Mach-E electric vehicle, Ford reported today that it now has orders for the model in all 50 states. . . .

Roughly three-quarters of those who have ordered the Mach-E up until now have opted for the dual-motor all-wheel drive model—and Ford says that in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire that ratio climbs to 90%.

According to Ford, about 30% of Mach-E reservations since Ford closed orders for its limited-number First Edition are for the high-performance GT, which also has all-wheel drive.

And to prove how widely distributed orders and interest in the Mach-E are, it created this nifty map infographic that breaks down the number of orders by dealer (every order is assigned to one) with the most popular color by state. . . .

See the article for the map.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

DougWantsALeaf
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:45 pm

It will be curious to see whether the Mach E will cause many to not pull the trigger on the Y. I think Tesla is starting to look a bit too common as the models all look like identical twins, and aren’t much different in appeal.
2019 S Plus (98.6% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.6% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV Leaf: 242 Highway 4.5 miles/kWh

leaf16
Delivery Date: 19 Mar 2016
Leaf Number: 305317

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 am

Great video of an AWD Mach-E's handling on a Winter snow track.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford ... ridealong/
2016 Leaf SV Pearl White
2019 Leaf SL Plus Silver Metallic
2020 Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue Reservation -- Hoping for Oct delivery

GRA

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Ford shifted the way it
lists Mustang Mach-E electric SUV battery capacity: Why it matters

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... y-capacity

Now showing usable capacity rather than total. Yay!

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”