Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triggerhappy007 said:
LeftieBiker said:
Not to seem annoying, but what on Earth is appealing about "leatherette" seats? Like actual leather, they are hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter. As they get old, they crack and split. They are easier to clean, I guess.
Yeah easier to clean than cloth and cheaper than leather. I prefer it over the cloth and it feels softer than the leather in the SL.
Yes I think Leather/leatherette vs cloth is a totally personal thing. Buying older less expensive cars I'd always had cloth and kind of longed-for leather(never liked vinyl aka leatherette seats but the new versions are probably softer than vinal) anyway the first new nice car we purchased(not counting my '94 Geo Metro purchased as a commuter car and I actually liked it a lot) was a '97 Buick Lesabre with leather and everything else $26k would purchase back in '97. We liked the leather with kids for cleaning and being leather it breathed like cloth. Our second nicer car was a somewhat base '07 Toyota Prius(that we still have) and we really wanted leather but wouldn't be forced to purchase the top of the line model to get it, so I researched and had installed aftermarket a Katskin? leather interior, again for the kids and it was pretty nice leather.
After kids(or at least kids that spilled a lot) we got a base '13 Leaf with very nice cloth seats and fell back in love with cloth seats. After that we got a used '12 with a light velour cloth that I didn't like so much, just to futsy. Our latest purchase(on order but haven't got it yet) is a Rav4 Prime with what seems like a nicer cloth. So at this stage in life I'd have to say we prefer a nice cloth interior but for someone with kids, or someone who just prefers the feel of leather, go for it. When I say leather, I include leatherette as again the new leatherette is nothing like the only vinyl cloth of years past.
Oh I kind of forgot when talking about cars, my replacement for my Geo Metro, a '05 Scion Xb that I still have. It has a very nice stretchy black cloth I like a lot and still have that car. After we get the Prime I want to sell all 4 cars I mentioned, the Buick was sold a long time ago.

Back