You can change your order configuration at Leaf site now !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Yes, you can change your Leaf options at Nissan site now.

When you login you get a new link to change your previous answers. There is a whole new question about level 3 charging port. And can read a whole lot more disclaimers.

and

Ah Hah! Level 3 only on the SL, eh? Hate to say I told everyone so! :p

Went ahead and changed my color to the Glacier Pearl. Kind of surprising that you then have to go back through the whole reservation process (though you do end up with the same reservation number and date).

I do like the spin-around view of the colors, I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before.

However, I'm encountering something different when I go through the edit. I am not getting a line about the QuickCharger in step 2. I also have no step 6 asking me about the QuickCharger

I understand (a little) why some people might have seen different things when the reservation system first came online - I could imagine last-minute changes going through. But now?

Any ideas on what is going on here? In my particular case, I am just outside of Tucson, AZ - my zip is not considered a Tucson location. Could it be this is being displayed for people in the initial cities? Or maybe for people outside of the initial states? Or maybe something is just messed up?

While it's true you can change your reservation, at least for us 'next phase' folks (Chicago), do not see this 'quick charge' option being offered either (and yes, I've reserved a SL). I did also seem to recall that the red color didn't have an extra name on it the first time I reserved, but could be wrong -- still like it although rather than a Cayenne it looks to me more like the Pomegranate Red on my '09 VW Routan. Color rendition is very tough through a web page so I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person. I think of Cayenne as the red on a Chili's Restaurant sign but as always, they can call it anything they want!

JasonT said:
I do like the spin-around view of the colors, I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before.

However, I'm encountering something different when I go through the edit. I am not getting a line about the QuickCharger in step 2. I also have no step 6 asking me about the QuickCharger

I understand (a little) why some people might have seen different things when the reservation system first came online - I could imagine last-minute changes going through. But now?

Any ideas on what is going on here? In my particular case, I am just outside of Tucson, AZ - my zip is not considered a Tucson location. Could it be this is being displayed for people in the initial cities? Or maybe for people outside of the initial states? Or maybe something is just messed up?

I'm not sure. I did see the line in step 2 about the Quickcharger (geographical maybe?), but didn't see the step 6 page either. I wonder if step 6 only shows if you choose SV instead of SL? Evnow?

The spinning colored Leafs have been there since the end of last week.

No mention of the quick charge port on this screen:

leaf_equip.jpg

Edit: Try as I might, I can't seem to make the quick charge appear as optional.

Are we seeing the level 3 charger option only in EV Project areas i.e. if we are offerred the free charger ?

It's looking to me like Nissan test marketing to see if they can get away with charging extra for this feature. But I can't explain why it's being tested with some of us but not all of us.

Unless it's a regional difference?

I added it to my configuration today. Wonder how much will it cost extra? And why they did not include it in all models since the Idea is to make this a mainstream car of the future.

The San Diego area address is offered the Quick-Charge option to the SL package, but the Orange County address is not, even though I changed from SV to SL.

Presumably that difference is geographical (all other answers were the same), perhaps because they plan L3 chargers (about 40) for San Diego, but none in Orange County.

But, it seems a bit short-sighted, unless they know something about L3 that we do not (like they might have to change the connector or L3 control when the US L3 standard is finalized).

I don't know what BS is going on with the Level 3 DC quickcharge port, but if it comes down to it not being offered in "my market" (Boston, MA), I won't be buying a Leaf. Yes, I feel that strongly about it. There will be other Electric Vehicles in time, I don't need to settle for the "subpar" initial version.

Being limited to the onboard 3.3KW charger (not even the 6.6KW version which would almost be acceptable) is not an option, in my opinion.

garygid said:
The San Diego area address is offered the Quick-Charge option to the SL package, but the Orange County address is not, even though I changed from SV to SL.

Presumably that difference is geographical (all other answers were the same), perhaps because they plan L3 chargers (about 40) for San Diego, but none in Orange County.

But, it seems a bit short-sighted, unless they know something about L3 that we do not (like they might have to change the connector or L3 control when the US L3 standard is finalized).
The fine print at the bottom of the "Quick Charge" option select page.

*Quick charge capability currently is only available in limited markets and states where the public infrastructure exists. Quick charge port is TEPCO compliant and may not be compatible with future quick chargers. While quick charge capability may not exist in your market, availability will increase as the public infrastructure increases in the future.
reservation

This is a good time to let Nissan know that aside from colors and auto on-off headlights, we really do want all the same options available to every other US region. Especially, since we're paying the same price.

The problem here, is there is no Level 3 DC standard yet, so Nissan is trying to avoid retrofitting a large # of vehicles.

I say the Level 3 standard should be ratified before they start producing a mass market EV, if not, then the standards commitee might just have to accept the TEPCO/Chademo as "the standard" since they seem incapable of a decision.

Olga - Thank you for contacting Nissan Electric Vehicle Customer Support, my name is Olga, how may I help you today?

Bicster - Hi Olga. No questions today. I just wanted to mention that I noticed that the L3 charge port is being offered only on a regional basis. I think this is a huge mistake. Regardless of whether infrastructure for L3 exists in a market area, Nissan should make the option available to all buyers.
Bicster - I hope you are able to pass my comment along.

Olga - Good morning, Bicster. I understand your concern about the fast charging port on the LEAF. A DC Charging port for the fast charge will be optional with the SL model level, but Nissan has not released yet which areas are going to be available. This information will be provided when we get closer to the launch. And of course I will forward your concern to the correspondence managers. Thank you for your feedback.

Bicster - Thank you very much. Please also know that the DC charge port opens the possibility for aftermarket EVSE's that can do charging > 3.3kW, even on first generation Leafs. Thanks again!

Let them know what you think!

garygid said:

But I'M in Orange County, and I was offered it.

mitch672 said:
I don't know what BS is going on with the Level 3 DC quickcharge port, but if it comes down to it not being offered in "my market" (Boston, MA), I won't be buying a Leaf. Yes, I feel that strongly about it. There will be other Electric Vehicles in time, I don't need to settle for the "subpar" initial version.

Being limited to the onboard 3.3KW charger (not even the 6.6KW version which would almost be acceptable) is not an option, in my opinion.

That would be a good reason for Leasing, for me.

I think Nissan is having second thoughts about the level 3 charger - may be they are less confident now of TEPCO charger being adopted ? I'd not bet against that - after all Toyota, GM, Honda etc would want to create as much trouble for Nissan as possible ...

Back