Would you pay 10k for this?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holahoja

Hi! I'm new to the scene but getting rapidly obsessed. Would love your thoughts on this one.

68k miles
Not sure which trim this is.

They are asking 10k but curious:
1) Would you buy it?
2) Anything to be aware of? I count 10 bars which I understand isn't ideal but still in the range of acceptable. Correct?
3) What's it worth?

Screenshot 2023-12-21 7.06.14 PM.pngleaf.jpg

My 2014 (sold to son) isn't worth $10k.

Carvana sends me emails telling me about $2k. Which is about what I sold it to my son for (market price was 4x higher last year). Might get a slightly higher price on a private sale. Expect to pay slightly more to buy at a dealership. But still, no where close to $10k. Maybe last year.

My 2014 (sold to son) isn't worth $10k.

Carvana sends me emails telling me about $2k. Which is about what I sold it to my son for (market price was 4x higher last year). Might get a slightly higher price on a private sale. Expect to pay slightly more to buy at a dealership. But still, no where close to $10k. Maybe last year.
Thanks for the reply, what's a more reasonable price?

Would not buy a (used) Leaf without a LeafSpy reading/verification (no matter how many bars it's showing)--especially anything pre-2015 (lizard battery pack).
Would not buy a Leaf S trim; at least you can put OVMS in an SV/SL.
If you want >50 miles of range out of a Gen1 Leaf long-term, you need to factor the cost of a replacement battery pack into the price (that alone is ~$10k); if that scares you, then buy a Gen2 (or new) Leaf.

I'm guessing the trim is an SV since it has the Navigation / touch screen rather than the buttons interface and it shows the different charging options. 2014 means the better battery but 10 bars could be 10 almost 11 or 10 almost 9. Can't know without leafspy and seeing only 50mi guesstimate could mean closer to 9.
In my area (around DC) you can find a 2015 SL with 11 bars for even 8k. 10k seems way too much to me.

They dropped it to $5500. is that a fair price assuming battery health is good?

what on leaf spy do I look for

I updated it and the price is with the range. It's from a dealer so the price seems close to fair assuming battery is fine. Any tips or thread to read on how to use leafspy? Anything else I should check before I buy?

Back