Wish the car show color was available (Orange)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantonsoup

http://www.torquenews.com/1080/exclusive-2013-nissan-leaf-denver-auto-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't see the side turn-signal lights on that car.
Did they integrate these into the headlights for 2013, or did they just leave them off of the show car?

I like that color too. :D I would want the light grey seats though, not black. It seems the most popular colors are all shades of gray :cry:
The side lights were deleted for 2013 because the car is made in the USA and not exported to any market that requires them.

Doesn't it seem odd that they'd show off a production car in a color that's not available? I'm sure some will go to the show & think they can get the car in that color, then be disappointed when they find out they can't.

ITestStuff said:
I'm sure some will go to the show & think they can get the car in that color, then be disappointed when they find out they can't.
You are describing the OP to a "T" :lol: But I do also like the new dark slate a lot so I'll get that color. I only buy cars in dark grey, yellow, and orange. I'm weird that way. (Used to buy black but they show every scratch and are dirty the moment you are done cleaning them)

I remember an older TechCrunch article, where a Cayenne red LEAF looked Murano orange.

10xixEj

I dislike the new black interiors. Creates a black-hole effect like so many other cars out there. Much prefer the light airy interior of the original LEAF, even if you do have to shampoo things once in awhile.

garsh said:
Did they integrate these into the headlights for 2013, or did they just leave them off of the show car?
The side turn-signal indicators have simply been removed for MY'13 Leafs. AFAIK, no change to the headlight assemblies, at least with the LED option (to match the 2011/12).

DoxyLover said:
garsh said:
The side turn-signal indicators have simply been removed for MY'13 Leafs. AFAIK, no change to the headlight assemblies, at least with the LED option (to match the 2011/12).

The 2013 has the headlight levelling control deleted so there might be a difference. I was a initially disappointed but realized I forgot it was there in my old 2012 after the first time playing with it.

I do wish they kept the side turn signals, though they're not mandated I think they should be as they really help in congested traffic and when there are pedestrians and bikes about.

Back