What's new in L2R.1.7A firmware?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still doing "Unable to download file []" every 11-12 minutes according to the log as noted earlier. Will reboot it if it doesn't take by the time I get home.

talked to blinktech an hour ago...servers are jammed and 3k downloads will take some time.

I have no data except duration of charge, but the charger works fine.

I was greeted with the "Welcome to blink. Please Wait..." screen. I suspect it's been like that for quite some time. However, since I have a charger but no LEAF, I willing to wait a bit and see if it recovers. :)

I got the email about the update, but when I got home at 6pm today I still don't see any update on my Blink yet. Instead of trying to force a download via a reboot, I'll patiently wait to see what happens.

Volusiano said:
I got the email about the update, but when I got home at 6pm today I still don't see any update on my Blink yet. Instead of trying to force a download via a reboot, I'll patiently wait to see what happens.

Same here. No big rush.

Yesterday I got tired of waiting at the "Please Wait..." screen and rebooted. As of this morning, the unit appears functional but is still running the 1.6 firmware.

I came home this evening and the Blink is now on 1.7.

It seems from the logs it downloaded the upgrade yesterday, but for whatever reason didn't reboot during the day while I was at work. Within a minute of me unplugging this morning, it rebooted and is working just fine. I think it may have rebooted twice before the upgrade was complete. Has anyone else seen that behavior?

Time will tell if the bugs I had noted previously are resolved.

I have a copy of the 1.7a firmware for anyone who might want to do a manual upgrade via the extranet access. It's very easy and fast to do. It's a small file and easily emailed.

So they did away with the 502 error. This morning I got a 200 error and a 12 error and then it rebooted itself. Perhaps that's progress :roll: :D

This is weird..... my Blink log files indicate successful download for the L2R.1.7A files and it also repeats this download 2 days in row already. My concern is that my unit remains on 1.6 and nothing in the log file indicates an upgrade action.

I have manually rebooted the Blink multiple times but it simply will not automatically install the new files....

What's going on? Is there a way to manually kick in the installation process??

mxp,
I had the same issue with my Blink. I emailed the log to Blink Support and after swapping a couple of messages with them, they offered to log in remotely and fix up the Blink. So I used port forwarding on my router to allow them to get to the Blink and they fixed it up within an hour...I removed the access I'd set up for them, and everything is working well with V1.7....You may want to contact Blink Support and see if they can help you too...

Randy

Yesterday I called Blink and after many problems trying to use my Mac remotely we switched to my PC and downloaded the firmware to the Blink EVSE. So far no problems but I can't see any new features.

I do still see the 200 Fast-chargers with 400 charge ports so they haven't fixed that bug.

I waited two days for the download to occur after power cycles but nothing was happening so I decided to call in.

Randy said:
mxp,
I had the same issue with my Blink. I emailed the log to Blink Support and after swapping a couple of messages with them, they offered to log in remotely and fix up the Blink. So I used port forwarding on my router to allow them to get to the Blink and they fixed it up within an hour...I removed the access I'd set up for them, and everything is working well with V1.7....You may want to contact Blink Support and see if they can help you too...

Randy

Hey Randy,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely call in to Blink support tomorrow.

Cheers.

mxp said:
This is weird..... my Blink log files indicate successful download for the L2R.1.7A files and it also repeats this download 2 days in row already. My concern is that my unit remains on 1.6 and nothing in the log file indicates an upgrade action.

I have manually rebooted the Blink multiple times but it simply will not automatically install the new files....

What's going on? Is there a way to manually kick in the installation process??

Mine showed the successful download, but the version number didn't change and it did not reboot itself for more than a day afterwards. I believe it has a mind of its own.

If after a couple of days waiting simply email blinknetworks, I find them super responsive to emails at any time of day or night 24/7

Seems that the L2R.1.7A firmware was automatically installed on my Blink. The problem I m currently seeing is that the dashboard shows the kWhs of charge, but the log database from My Chargers shows 0 kWh of charge. Before update everything appeared to agree. Will see if this problem continues over the next few days.

No problem with charging that can observe with upgrade.

I got the download, but I have this issue with the new unit put in three weeks ago: it records only duration of charge and start/stop times; there is NO data for kWh charged and no data for cost.
the most annoying thing is the NO kWh data. This is true for unit, intranet and internet site.

Does anyone else have this issue?
all help appreciated.

mxp said:
Randy said:
mxp,

Randy

Hey Randy,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely call in to Blink support tomorrow.

Cheers.

I had the same issue....I called them and they were willing to do a 'manual install', which would have required a remote login to my computer (which I refused, since I find this a bit intrusive and not safe at all)...
They told me, despite the "downloads complete" messages in the log, the unit probably would still not have all the files (does not make sense to me, but who knows) and I should just wait...

mxp said:
This is weird..... my Blink log files indicate successful download for the L2R.1.7A files and it also repeats this download 2 days in row already. My concern is that my unit remains on 1.6 and nothing in the log file indicates an upgrade action.?

My unit had the micro-SD card changed (with the 1.6 firmware) on Tuesday, just before the download of 1.7.

It took until today to actually show 1.7. I did power it down it a few times during those few days.

TonyWilliams said:
mxp said:
This is weird..... my Blink log files indicate successful download for the L2R.1.7A files and it also repeats this download 2 days in row already. My concern is that my unit remains on 1.6 and nothing in the log file indicates an upgrade action.?

My unit had the micro-SD card changed (with the 1.6 firmware) on Tuesday, just before the download of 1.7.

It took until today to actually show 1.7. I did power it down it a few times during those few days.

Mine took over a day after downloading files prior to showing 1.7. It does it in its own sweet time.

Back