What's In Your Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Spare flares? ... Walking/tennis shoes? Blanket? Flash light? Extra drinking water? First aid kit? With range and weight being inextricably linked, it's hard to have as much stuff kept in your Leaf as you may want. What kind of stuff do you keep in your Leaf, in case of emergency ... or non-emergency? Besides our go-kit, we have a doggy blanket, to keep the puppy fur from piling up.

I, like many others, have been tardy in putting
survival stuff together.

How about a good list of contents (and sources
for any of the non-obvious stuff)?

That would probably help a lot of people.

Or, bring your BOB (Bug-Out Bag) to the next Gathering that
you come to, and we can take pictures of all the contents?

garygid said:
I, like many others, have been tardy in putting
survival stuff together.

How about a good list of contents (and sources
for any of the non-obvious stuff)?

That would probably help a lot of people.

Or, bring your BOB (Bug-Out Bag) to the next Gathering that
you come to, and we can take pictures of all the contents?
That's a great idea Gary ... I can do that, presuming I make it to HTB. My better half actually has a nice check list that includes all the essentials that even include such things as digitized records of home contents (for homeowners insurance claims), etc.

L1/L2 Charging Cable with adapters, folding chair for watching the kids at soccer games, and blanket for the game or protecting the inside when something big is put in the car.

BTW: I have never used L2 Charging on the road or the adapters to get at 240V from different plugs.

I don't worry about the weight of stuff I have in the back. The car weighs enough on its own, I doubt whatever I put in the trunk will make much of a difference. FYI, I have a first aid kit, my portable modified EVSE and my gym bag.

I keep a duffle bag in the back containing:
  • pepper spray
  • folding knife
  • handheld UHF radio
  • 4 bottles of water
  • box of food bars
  • various OTC medicines (tylenol, benadryl, etc)
  • space blankets
  • poncho
  • extra ammo for my pistol
  • LED flashlight
  • towel
  • kleenex
  • waterproof matches
  • emergency candle

I'm probably forgetting a few things.

adric22 said:
I keep a duffle bag in the back containing:
  • pepper spray
  • folding knife
  • handheld UHF radio
  • 4 bottles of water
  • box of food bars
  • various OTC medicines (tylenol, benadryl, etc)
  • space blankets
  • poncho
  • extra ammo for my pistol
  • LED flashlight
  • towel
  • kleenex
  • waterproof matches
  • emergency candle

I'm probably forgetting a few things.
That's an excelent go kit. In addition, we put in our kit:
• copy of insurance policy #'s of our personal/ real property / digitized pic's of all our junk
• phone numbers of friend / relatives / co-workers - to see if they're 'ok' in case of dire times (with digitized data bases, who can remember numbers any more?)
• prescriptions (figuring even expired's are better than none ... although we do rotate)
• portable radio with crank generator to listen to emergency broadcasts
• 'goodies' to barter with
• sunblock / chap stick goodies
• emergency list of junk we may want to grab if we're at home but have to bail (pictures, valuables, keepsakes, etc.
• Lastly, I'd love to pick up a donut spare tire ... we already got a decent jack for such occasion(s)
(plus ... rather than a duffle bag, or Leaf has a "rolling duffle" - because those suckers can get mighty heavy after mile #1 :D ... they have some nice rolling duffle products at Costco on the cheep, btw.

Thanks for all the feed back! It's a challenge to keep 'supplies' down to a reasonable size, while having the stuff that can really matter.

Dual voltage Open EVSE with 115 & 230 volt adapters.
Folding umbrella
reusable shopping bags
Digital tire pressure gauge
Emergency tool for breaking glass, cutting seat belt, puncturing air bag
Bean bag gecko in front small window

Back