What is this error symbol ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkjayakumar

My friend sent me this picture of his dash in his 2013 Leaf, that has a warning symbol show up two days in a row. The symbol showed up yesterday when the Leaf was turned on after a charge and went away when it was switched off and switched on again. Samething happened today. No change in driving dynamics, but he was concerned enough that he mailed this picture to me. This Leaf already sat in the dealer service for three weeks for some A/C issues only a month ago, for which a Leaf technician had to come in and fix it. And now this symbol..?

Do you think he runs the risk of his car stalling and stranding him on the road due to some Inverter, PEM or BMS issues ?

thank you
Jay

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 130
mkjayakumar said:
My friend sent me this picture of his dash in his 2013 Leaf, that has a warning symbol show up two days in a row. The symbol showed up yesterday when the Leaf was turned on after a charge and went away when the it was switched off and switched on again. Samething happened today. No change in driving dynamics, but he was concerned enough that he mailed this picture to me. This Leaf already sat in the dealer service for three weeks for some A/C issues only a month ago, for which a Leaf technician had to come in and fix it. And now this symbol..?

Do you think he runs the risk of his car stalling and stranding him on the road due to some Inverter, PEM or BMS issues ?

thank you
Jay

That's the dreaded EVS (EV System) light. It probably needs the PDM sw update. I can't remember the SB number.

Taken directly from the 2013 manual:
Page 2-13:
"With all doors closed, apply the parking brake, and push the power switch in the ON position. The following lights will illuminate (if so equipped): (It then lists/displays all the different lights/icons, including the one you inquired about)

This one (taken from manual):
Page 2-16:
"EV system warning light

This light illuminates if there is a malfunction in the
following systems. Contact a NISSAN certified LEAF dealer.

• Traction motor and inverter system
• Charge port or on board charger
• Li-ion battery system
• Cooling system
• Shift control system
• Emergency shut off system is activated. See
Emergency shut off system in the EV overview
section."

Thank you..

So off to the dealer again for, God knows how many weeks !? My friend was complaining that the loaner they gave last time around (for an A/C problem) was a Nissan Rouge which drinks gas at 18 miles/gallon and drives like a pig.

Possibly not serious-

I have seen this warning when ending a charge in progress by pulling the J1772 plug out rapidly. Try holding down the release button a little longer (a second?) before removing the plug. Also, if using the portable EVSE, be sure to unplug the J1772 before unplugging from the wall.

I also got this warning after a QC. Though the charge had stopped, the red light on the plug had not gone out. Assume the communication between the car and QC had not finished.

As was said, after powering down and restarting, the warning light is not on.

What is this error symbol ?

That is the warning symbol for THIS !!!
Don't let THIS happen to you!!

WARNING.jpg

Back