What do u think 2013 lease? Good deal or bad deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pushpak was able to get a SL for less than that for the same mileage and time.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=277313#p277313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your lease works out to 33.08 cents per mile. Keep grinding them down til you reach 20-25 cents per mile (with the SV option package you will probably end up closer to 25 than 20). Taking off the down payment (meaning 36 payments of $276) alone takes you down to 27.6 cents per mile. That's a good place to start.

Edit, just noticed you said you already leased it. Perhaps there is still time to change? You can get a better deal than that unless your credit history is bad.

Don't forget the interest in your calculations. Also, the lower you lease payment the more you owe at the end of the lease. This is something to consider if you are going to buy the car at the end of the lease or trade for another car.

bruce27513 said:
Also, the lower you lease payment the more you owe at the end of the lease. This is something to consider if you are going to buy the car at the end of the lease or trade for another car.

This isn't true. There are a lot of factors that can increase your lease payment and not affect the amount owed at the end.

I'd be surprised to hear that dealers have any latitude when it comes to messing with the residual % (which would affect the buyout price at the end of the lease).

Maxvla said:
Pushpak was able to get a SL for less than that for the same mileage and time.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=277313#p277313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your lease works out to 33.08 cents per mile. Keep grinding them down til you reach 20-25 cents per mile (with the SV option package you will probably end up closer to 25 than 20). Taking off the down payment (meaning 36 payments of $276) alone takes you down to 27.6 cents per mile. That's a good place to start.

Edit, just noticed you said you already leased it. Perhaps there is still time to change? You can get a better deal than that unless your credit history is bad.

Yeah. I took delivery already. Something to learn next time. I have excellent credit as well. Thank you

I just took delivery of a 2013 S model on a two year lease for 2k down and 106 a month. This makes my monthly payment less than half of what I was paying for gas.

When I figured all my expenses verses savings this Leaf turns out to be a free car for two years.

Back