What do I need to do to my EVES to make it pass 220V.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
davidh said:
- start there own business
- and that your not just give away secrets.
- I ran a electronics company
- not a worthless bit of help
- you'er what proctologist's
Someone is fairly illiterate as well.

The full response made me think that Geoffrey Nunberg may have to add a new chapter to his most recent book! That, and that the last asinine comment was pure projection.

davidh said:
No reverse-engineering needed, all someone would have to do is open one of yours and copy(start there own business) or publish the changes. I doubt this patented. I understand that you have a business to protect and that your not just give away secrets.
The firmware is indeed copyrighted, and it is permanently locked into the microcontroller. It cannot be read back once the microcontroller is locked, and even if you were to somehow steal the copyrighted code, your business wouldn't last long if you steal copyrighted code and begin using it in your products. Not only that, but you could land yourself in prison.

-Phil

mbender said:
davidh said:
- start there own business
- and that your not just give away secrets.
- I ran a electronics company
- not a worthless bit of help
- you'er what proctologist's
Someone is fairly illiterate as well.

The full response made me think that Geoffrey Nunberg may have to add a new chapter to his most recent book! That, and that last asinine comment was pure projection.
I have had experience with illiterates before and I learned that they like to make a lot of false claims.

davidh said:
I ran a electronics company, I've designed computers, I've taken electrical engineering at MIT; I bet I could figure out a protect relay circuit. However from the answers you've given(not a worthless bit of help) you'er what proctologist's work on.
Then you obviously had no reason to come here asking questions. Onto the troll list you go.

Not sure if anyone else is paying attention, but essentially the only person in this thread who is not a troll is cwerdna:

for the technical solution for a 240V upgrade just skip to the last page. nothing for upgrading amperage though.
cwerdna said:
I'll throw the OP another bone, perhaps he should read http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, esp. Ingineer's responses and those familiar w/the J1773 standard and NEC.

I am always very reluctant to ever post on this forum because of all the trolling. (or maybe not trolling but just simple ass-hole responses that do not contribute anything or answer questions directly)

jclemens said:
Not sure if anyone else is paying attention, but essentially the only person in this thread who is not a troll is cwerdna:

for the technical solution for a 240V upgrade just skip to the last page. nothing for upgrading amperage though.
cwerdna said:
I'll throw the OP another bone, perhaps he should read http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, esp. Ingineer's responses and those familiar w/the J1773 standard and NEC.

I am always very reluctant to ever post on this forum because of all the trolling. (or maybe not trolling but just simple ass-hole responses that do not contribute anything or answer questions directly)
Note that cwerdna's link goes back to 2011-2012, and the bundled unit has since changed significantly. Perhaps the method described will still work, perhaps not, but something to be aware of.

^^^
Well, the links I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=305986#p305986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on page 1 describe what happens when you feed in 200+ volts into both generations of the stock EVSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back