What do Current EVs use for thermal management on traction batteries?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eHelmholtz

what do Current EVs use for thermal management on traction batteries?

In the earlier days of 2010 and 2011, it was easy. The Nissan LEAF didn't have an active thermal management system while other EVs used liquid cooled systems including the Tesla made EVs and the GM Volt. However, the current landscape is much more varied and I'm having a hard time keeping up with what the various manufacturers are using for traction battery thermal management. Can anybody tell me in a post what Fiat, GM for the Bolt, Kia, and others are using?

eHelmholtz said:
what do Current EVs use for thermal management on traction batteries?

In the earlier days of 2010 and 2011, it was easy. The Nissan LEAF didn't have an active thermal management system while other EVs used liquid cooled systems including the Tesla made EVs and the GM Volt. However, the current landscape is much more varied and I'm having a hard time keeping up with what the various manufacturers are using for traction battery thermal management. Can anybody tell me in a post what Fiat, GM for the Bolt, Kia, and others are using?
I forget what Fiat is doing, but the Bolt will presumably be liquid-cooled, the Soul is air-cooled (A/C from the cabin), the e-Golf nothing, don't remember on the i3, Focus liquid.

The smart ED is liquid cooled like Tesla, and I do believe the Volt is as well.

Back