Wet Okole Seat Cover Installation DIY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lanzer said:
IBELEAF said:
I am confused on the velcro part for the top cover. Where does it attach? You can't really feed it through the back.

If you can't feed it through the back, that probably mean you haven't detached the cover of the original seat. Check back on the first post and on the 4th picture you'll see the plastic hooks that are from the original seats. Remove them, slide the whole strap and cover away and you'll have access to the back.

Got it. Thanks! Completely missed that part :)

rawhog said:
Whilst looking at my newly arrived and as yet uninstalled covers last night I noticed that the hooks that do not fit are rubber covered metal hooks I would bet that you could spread them open a bit and they would then fit.

The CW of this is to just wrap a zip-tie loosely around the bar, attach the hook to the zip-tie, place it where you want, then cinch the zip-tie down tight. Works great.

I went to WO and they offered to install them for free, so naturally I let them. Since I didn't do the install, I didn't really understand what you guys were talking about so, I went and looked underneath my seats to see how WO installed them. What I noticed is that they did a couple of things differently.

First, they seemed to have tucked the cover in-between the seat and the plastic trim on the bottom of the seat.

IMG_1726.JPG

The other this is they did not attach the small hook to the cross bar as noted in this post. They just attached the small plastic hook to the front loop in the main strap.
Anyhow, hope this helps.

IMG_1725.jpg

On vacation in Oahu's North Shore right now :cool: so I will have to wait til I get home in another week to figure out how to do the tuck-in, unless someone wants to beat me to it. I'll update the OP then.

Mahalo!

rawhog said:
What I did was remove the buckles from the cross straps. Then I stuffed the strap in between the upholstered part of the seat and the plastic trim that conceals the adjuster rails.then I pulled the straps through, put the buckles back on, and cinched it down.
Thanks. That's pretty clever. I didn't think about removing the buckle off the strap and put it back on later. I just followed the tip and redid mine and now it looks all nice and tucked in now.

The tip on removing the bolts was awesome. Just make sure the seat is locked in-place before you unbolt and be careful sliding when unbolted because it can get out of alignment. I used a square box of Kleenex to just rotate the seat back a bit while I was working under it.

Another tip (might seam obvious to most) - when you're reinstalling the back seat, once you get the seatbelts poked through, buckle them so they don't go back through while you're positioning the seat.

Post pics in the other thread of a Red Leaf with Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. Here's a direct link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/sdbonez/LeafWetOkoleInstall?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6fyM_L0_TsYA&feat=directlink

sdbonez said:
Post pics in the other thread of a Red Leaf with Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. Here's a direct link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/sdbonez/LeafWetOkoleInstall?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6fyM_L0_TsYA&feat=directlink
Great pics. I notice that the arm rest cover shows the 2 shorts seams on the front end. If you just flip the cover around the seams will be in the back end and the front won't show any seams.

Volusiano said:
sdbonez said:
Great pics. I notice that the arm rest cover shows the 2 shorts seams on the front end. If you just flip the cover around the seams will be in the back end and the front won't show any seams.

yeah, i'm still messing with this. that's how i had it originally but it was bubbling a bit too much...so was experimenting with turning it around :)

IBELEAF said:
Having tough time with rear top covers. Is the velcro supposed to meet from behind the seats?

yes...and i had to stretch a bit to make it. The best advice is what was mentioned earlier in this thread. Move the top seats just a little forward, shimmy one on, get the head rest aligned, then attach it..then punch through the release lever once aligned. Continue to shimmy it down and stretch it out.

When getting the front bottom to wrap around to the back, I found it easiest to pull down a bunch on the front with it only reclined just a little from the latched position... then I put my hand on the front base of the seat and held the flap around back as I slowly put the seat into a full reclined position. that gave me enough slack to get the velcro line to match up.

took pretty much 3 hours, although I wasn't rushing it, but at the end of the process I was as tired as after workout. :cool:

One thing though is that I am noticing that seats covers seem to be inflated with air type of thing. Anyone else had this issue?

IBELEAF said:
One thing though is that I am noticing that seats covers seem to be inflated with air type of thing. Anyone else had this issue?
I think that's normal because of the extra padding they put on the cover. And it'll also start out being "puffed" up in places being newly wrapped on. But hopefully after a few weeks of use, it'll start staying more "matted" down and will seem to "hug" the seats better after you'll have sat on it many times. The rear seats used to fold down fairly flat before the cover, but now they'll stick up a little bit when folded down because of all the extra padding thickness. I'm not sure if this will go away and stay flatter over time, though.

rawhog said:
sdbonez. I put my front headrest covers on so that you don't see that gap at the bottom from outside the car. The two gaps are toward the middle of the car and barely noticeable.
Good point. The front headrests are interchangeable so you simply can just swap the whole headrests around without having to swap the covers around.

IBELEAF said:
took pretty much 3 hours, although I wasn't rushing it, but at the end of the process I was as tired as after workout. :cool:

About the same here (though I was also watching 3 kids at the time and didn't rush things easier)... and yeah, my body's seriously sore. Wine's helping :)

Volusiano said:
rawhog said:
sdbonez. I put my front headrest covers on so that you don't see that gap at the bottom from outside the car. The two gaps are toward the middle of the car and barely noticeable.
Good point. The front headrests are interchangeable so you simply can just swap the whole headrests around without having to swap the covers around.

thanks - I let my 9yr old do the headrests and hadn't even noticed :)

Back