Wanted:San Diego Airport Area LEAF rental (Aug. 23-24, 2013)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

This might be a long shot, but if anyone is interested, please PM me.

I need to rent a car from Friday Aug. 23rd, 10 AM to Saturday, Aug. 24th, 6PM. I would prefer to rent a LEAF near the San Diego Airport. Since I have to spend my money on car rental, I would just as soon it be spent on an EV rental. Anyone interested? (The only LEAF on Getaround is too far from airport. Enterprise says they don't have any EVs for rent. Car2Go is too small.) Thanks.

Phoenix said:
This might be a long shot, but if anyone is interested, please PM me.

I need to rent a car from Friday Aug. 23rd, 10 AM to Saturday, Aug. 24th, 6PM. I would prefer to rent a LEAF near the San Diego Airport. Since I have to spend my money on car rental, I would just as soon it be spent on an EV rental. Anyone interested? (The only LEAF on Getaround is too far from airport. Enterprise says they don't have any EVs for rent. Car2Go is too small.) Thanks.
You could get a car2go, it's the 2nd gen smart EV, I believe. They are literally everywhere in San Diego :)

Thank you--that looks almost perfect in location. Unfortunately, I remember now why I am not on RelayRides. They require texting (which I don't do unless it is on i-phone's own system). Nor does RelayRides accept email. Sean M if you see this, that is why I am not able to rent your car.

Car2Go is far too small for our passengers and luggage. Thanks all--was hoping more options were out there. Back to the gasser, it seems.

Maybe a little more information would help snag you a LEAF....We have plenty of local owners...

How much would you be willing to pay? How would the owner be made whole if something happens? What sort of mileage would you be putting on the car, etc etc etc....

That's why I thought private messaging might work for such details. Generally, willing to pay what I would for a gasser, plus some mark-up for not having to buy gas, offset by having to pay for Blink electricity. Of course, I have car/LEAF insurance which covers me for vehicles I drive. Just driving in the SD city limits from airport to zoo to Pacific Beach area. (Not enough time to drive to BC in a LEAF ;-)

Phoenix said:
That's why I thought private messaging might work for such details. Generally, willing to pay what I would for a gasser, plus some mark-up for not having to buy gas, offset by having to pay for Blink electricity. Of course, I have car/LEAF insurance which covers me for vehicles I drive. Just driving in the SD city limits from airport to zoo to Pacific Beach area. (Not enough time to drive to BC in a LEAF ;-)

The Car2Go is too easy and convenient for what you are suggesting. They are all electric and everywhere. You don't keep one car; you just drop it when you arrive, and get another when you're ready to go to the next spot. You don't pay for Blink, either. Or parking in San Diego.

http://sandiego.car2go.com/faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phoenix said:
Car2Go is far too small for our passengers and luggage. Thanks all--was hoping more options were out there. Back to the gasser, it seems.
You could consider getting 2 Car2Go instead of one then. The smart is surprisingly roomy. I was able to fit two regular-sized suitcases in there with the passenger seat folded. Just a thought.

Back