Walgreen EVSE network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happened to pass by the Walgreen's in Hayward, Ca. that had a Semacharge (Chargepro) EVSE yesterday, and it has been removed. I don't know if this was due to damage or if they pulled it due to lack of use, although I expect it was the latter. Everything was removed so that there's no sign of where it was other than the "Electric Vehicle Charging" paint on the pavement, and it's no longer listed on the Semacharge website.

They charge now I was prompted for a card I did not have I barely made it home wish they made it public that they changed 2.49 an hour now gas is cheaper

coqui said:
I never understood why Walgreens vs CVS vs Rite-Aid etc ad infinitum always has to build right across from one another. Geez there must be 5 pharmacies here in Charlotte within a 2 mile radius of where I am sitting right now!

I will tell you one thing. Not a one of these pharmacies here has a charging station. But I absolutely plan to do business with the one that does install a charging station.
Really? Even if they charge a flat $2/hr? ... and you're only in there for 20 ... maybe 30 minutes tops? I used to buy stuff at Walgreens that I'd not normally buy - just to be supportive. Then the pricing structure got a little to funky for me.

Several of the chargepoint stations at Walgreens near me (NorCal) are now listing rates by the kWh with a $1/min. That seems much more reasonable, even if the kWh rate is quite a bit higher than at home. I didn't think they could do that in CA, but the laws must have changed recently.

Back