Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already posted my observations on range, Gids, etc. in this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13273&hilit=p3227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I now return this thread to its previously scheduled program.

edatoakrun said:
The only way to answer both these questions, IMO, is to monitor your "100%" charge capacity both before and after the update using some method independent from the battery App data, such as recharge capacity measurements or accurate range tests. Please post your observations on an appropriate thread, and my apologies (especially to Jim) for participating in this off-topic discussion here.

Is it possible to get an odometer reading from the CAR-CAN? It would be nice to have it on the screen for record-keeping with screenshots taken of the Leaf Battery App.

Ottar said:
Turbo3 said:
Can you post a picture of screen 4 with it set to normal? I would like to see where the lower red pointer is positioned.

Jim
This?
I just placed test version 0.26k in dropbox. This is only for testing the lower red marker on the battery graphic.

It has other debug code so cycles very slowly (every 4 seconds) so don't use it unless you are testing the lower marker position. Then switch back to 0.26h for normal update rate.

Post pictures if it is not in the right place and note your phone. If your background is not white please temporarily change it to white so I can see the character box around the red marker.

Jim

Updated version 0.26k with code to give warning if Android Font size is not set to "Normal".

This information should also be added to WiKi. That is, the app requires that the Andriod Display font size be set to "Normal". Otherwise some of the app text might be misplaced/cutoff.

waitingforaleaf said:
Is it possible to get an odometer reading from the CAR-CAN? It would be nice to have it on the screen for record-keeping with screenshots taken of the Leaf Battery App.
Yes, I will be testing that shortly.

Here is a screenshot of the test version showing the odometer. Tight fit so I will be making some adjustments before I release for testing. This second line is not for reading while driving but to tag the screenshot so I might use a little smaller font.

(updated layout with charging voltage)

6mlj.png

As the app collects more and more information from the Leaf the cycle time to update is getting longer.

The question is how long is too long?

Is 10 seconds per refresh too long?

Can data only be read from the Leaf when it is being displayed? For example if Screen 4 is selected can the app skip getting the Cell Pair and shunt data?

Turbo3 said:
Can data only be read from the Leaf when it is being displayed? For example if Screen 4 is selected can the app skip getting the Cell Pair and shunt data?
I was wondering when this would happen and would highly suggest only polling for data that is being displayed and then polling all data as needed for logging when the interval comes up.

I'm interested in amps, and would like that to be refreshed several times a second if possible.

I'm also interested in tire pressure, but would be fine if that was only refreshed every 10 seconds.

So maybe it's based more on the data collected than on whether or not it is displayed.

Turbo3 said:
As the app collects more and more information from the Leaf the cycle time to update is getting longer.

The question is how long is too long?

Is 10 seconds per refresh too long?

There are opportunities to optimize the data gathered I'm sue, however I do download the log several times a week, I would want the log file data points to be the minimum data collected, plus additional items needed to complete the active screen. So I would want cell pair data to be collectsble even if displaying screen 3 or 4.

Tire data normally changes infrequently and slowly so every minute or so should be more than sufficient. (In the case of a sudden loss of pressure due to a catastrophic event, the built-in Leaf system will catch it faster anyway...)

garsh said:
I'm also interested in tire pressure, but would be fine if that was only refreshed every 10 seconds.

Still looking for someone with a Galaxy S3 or other phone which shows the lower red triangle on screen 4 very far away from the battery graphic to retest with 0.026k.

This is a test version and not all functions are working so go back to version 0.026h or whatever you were previously using after the test.

Turbo3 said:
Still looking for someone with a Galaxy S3 or other phone which shows the lower red triangle on screen 4 very far away from the battery graphic to retest with 0.026k.

This is a test version and not all functions are working so go back to version 0.026h or whatever you were previously using after the test.
These were from my DROID4. I hadn't noticed the displacement of the bottom mark that much before, but it is there. The update fixed the horizontal displacement, but now you can see a pixel of cyan encroaching on the black outline. Now that I look at it, I see some green encroaching on the outline at the top mark for both versions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-03-14-37-50.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-03-14-37-50.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2013-08-03-14-40-08.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-03-14-40-08.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 42
Turbo3 said:

Htc One

nogajim said:
Ottar said:
Your upper one is further above the battery than mine is. The cyan is more obvious on yours ;)

quote Turbo3 here
I just placed test version 0.26k in dropbox. This is only for testing the lower red marker on the battery graphic.

It has other debug code so cycles very slowly (every 4 seconds) so don't use it unless you are testing the lower marker position. Then switch back to 0.26h for normal update rate.

Post pictures if it is not in the right place and note your phone. If your background is not white please temporarily change it to white so I can see the character box around the red marker.

Jim

Regards Ottar

Back