Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!!!
Will be driving home in few mins, will check it out in motion.
So far alternating pressure/temps seems good, and can't wait to hear tire alarm :)
I wonder if it's possible to add battery temp alarm as well, will be useful during quick charging in hot temperatures, hear the sound - yank the cord out :)

Turbo3 said:
thorx said:
@Turbo
Can you app support cable versions of ELM327(usb) dongle?

http://dx.com/p/elm327-usb-vehicle-obd-2-scanner-tool-28528" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have that exact one for testing. But have not done anything with it at this time.

So yes I plan on trying to support a cable version at some point in the future.

Nice ;) Looking forward for that support.
Already have the cable so let me know if you need testing ;)

Version 0.25q1 (-FS) is up for testing.

Features/Fixes
- Fixed bug where negative RPMs would display as large postive number
- Fixed bug where 0 PSI would set off the Alarm. This would only be seen by those who are running the app with tire pressure support for the first time before a valid tire pressure is read and saved on exit.
- The label "PSI" or "(PSI)" will turn RED to indicate the Alarm sound is curently active. When you tap the tire pressure panel the Alarm sound is disabled and the label goes back to being BLACK with only the low PSI number(s) flashing RED.

Looks like a good place to ask some questions about the app:

1. In the settings, does the "reserve" miles adjust with the setting of the mi/kwh used on the main screen, or is it pegged to some particular mi/kwh?

2. I understand why the SOC on the app differs from the SOC on my 2013 Leaf dash, but why does it differ from the SOC shown on my WattsLeft?

3. I would like the DTE readout be adjustable to Dist To LBW, Dist to VLBW, and/or Dist to Turtle. Is that possible? it would be handy for how I use the app.

4. Why is the 'Gids on the app different from the Gids on my WattsLeft (maybe the Gids on the WattsLeft is real Gids, not simulated Gids?)

Great app, WattsLeft is great too, love both.

Thanks
Holland

stjohnh said:

1. In the settings, does the "reserve" miles adjust with the setting of the mi/kwh used on the main screen, or is it pegged to some particular mi/kwh?

2. I understand why the SOC on the app differs from the SOC on my 2013 Leaf dash, but why does it differ from the SOC shown on my WattsLeft?

3. I would like the DTE readout be adjustable to Dist To LBW, Dist to VLBW, and/or Dist to Turtle. Is that possible? it would be handy for how I use the app.

4. Why is the 'Gids on the app different from the Gids on my WattsLeft (maybe the Gids on the WattsLeft is real Gids, not simulated Gids?)

Thanks
Holland
What version of the app are you using?

1.) There is no "reserve" miles setting. Only %SOC or kWh.
2.) WattsLeft displays % of energy remaining based on real GIDs. Versions 0.26 and higher display real GIDs and the % shown to the right of GIDs will match WattsLeft % exactly.
3.) Possible with newer version of app that supports real GIDs.
4.) 'GIDS are simulated GIDs and have been replaced with real GIDs in Versions 0.26 and higher. Real GIDs match WattsLeft exactly.

Jim

Just a couple observations with q1: On the 2013 there is no difference in temp readings. Greg posted that mine is reading low. Also, no RPMs show under GIDs. It doesn't even show the letters RPM. The Alt 'Gids is unchecked.

LEAFfan said:
Just a couple observations with q1: On the 2013 there is no difference in temp readings. Greg posted that mine is reading low. Also, no RPMs show under GIDs. It doesn't even show the letters RPM. The Alt 'Gids is unchecked.
You have to be above 98 degrees to see any real difference between my old simple way and Greg's table. There would be about a 1 degree difference at 98 at 113 the old reading would be about 4 degrees low.

Can you send screen shot of missing RPM. What android device are you using? Also in Setting/System panel in app what screen size, scale and dpi does it show?

I discovered the problem. The RPMs don't show because the text color for them doesn't change. The letters and numbers need to change color with the rest of the text. ie my background is black and my text is green. RPM and the numbers are staying black so they both can't be seen even though they are there.

JPWhite said:
stjohnh said:

+1

Great suggestion.
You could set your reserve to be 2 kWh for VLB or 4 kWh for LB. Since the app now uses real GIDs, these thresholds will work exactly as you asked. Turtle is a bit more tricky, since it cannot be predicted completely accurately. That said, you could set your reserve to about 0.6 or 0.7 kWh and see how well that correlates with turtle mode on your LEAF.

LEAFfan said:
I discovered the problem. The RPMs don't show because the text color for them doesn't change. The letters and numbers need to change color with the rest of the text. ie my background is black and my text is green. RPM and the numbers are staying black so they both can't be seen even though they are there.
Will be fixed in "q2".

surfingslovak said:
JPWhite said:
stjohnh said:

+1

Great suggestion.
You could set your reserve to be 2 kWh for VLB or 4 kWh for LB. Since the app now uses real GIDs, these thresholds will work exactly as you asked. Turtle is a bit more tricky, since it cannot be predicted completely accurately. That said, you could set your reserve to about 0.6 or 0.7 kWh and see how well that correlates with turtle mode on your LEAF.
I am adding two new selections to DTE (LBW & VLBW) for "q2".

Turbo3 said:
stjohnh said:

Thanks
Holland
What version of the app are you using?

1.) There is no "reserve" miles setting. Only %SOC or kWh.
2.) WattsLeft displays % of energy remaining based on real GIDs. Versions 0.26 and higher display real GIDs and the % shown to the right of GIDs will match WattsLeft % exactly.
3.) Possible with newer version of app that supports real GIDs.
4.) 'GIDS are simulated GIDs and have been replaced with real GIDs in Versions 0.26 and higher. Real GIDs match WattsLeft exactly.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I am using ver 0.25, as of 12:40, that is the latest I see on the Dropbox site.
The box for setting reserve doesn't have units marked and is to the right of the DTE setting. Perhaps a better label on the box would help. Maybe "%SOC Reserved"

Turbo3 said:
LEAFfan said:

Will be fixed in "q2".

Awesome! Thanks!
Oh, I'm using the Kyocera eVent.

Here is what the DTE panel should look like. Both % and kWh have labels above them.

ia3v.png

Back