Used parts? Brake Controller & Drivetrain Harness

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idb

The brakes of my 2016 Leaf "glitched" down a hill. It felt like all electrical assist & ABS were gone. I really had to slam the brakes with full effort and almost skid off to the side of the road. It was terrifying actually. I took it in to the local dealer immediately and they said I needed two new part: Brake Controller (46007-4NP8B) and Drivetrain Harness (24012-4NH1A). The quote for the parts alone came to $10k CDN. That's not much less than the overall value of the car at this point. I'd like to keep the car going but would need to find some used parts to make it feasible. But I'm having a hard time finding were I could source out used parts. Does anyone have any tips or ideas?

LeftieBiker said:
The first thing you want to try is a new, fully charged 12 volt battery. A weak or failing accessory battery could be the sole culprit, here.

THAT would be very interesting if it is indeed the solution. The Nissan dealer said they ran a diagnostic and quoted those parts at $10k CDN + labor. I'll give it a try!

Also, you may (most likely must) clear a bunch of diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) associated with the brake controller and CAN Bus communication issues. This is discussed in other threads. You will need a suitable Bluetooth OBDII adapter and the LEAF Spy Pro application (either Android or iOS, depending upon adapter and phone).

GerryAZ said:
Also, you may (most likely must) clear a bunch of diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) associated with the brake controller and CAN Bus communication issues. This is discussed in other threads. You will need a suitable Bluetooth OBDII adapter and the LEAF Spy Pro application (either Android or iOS, depending upon adapter and phone).

Great! Thanks so much.

Back