Up to $5,000 available for your new LEAF (Sacramento)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Center4Energy

If you are interested in applying for this rebate and want to learn more about electric vehicles, please come to the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Workshop on either November 9 or 10, at the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District.

Please note that attendance to this workshop is not required to receive the rebate. However, it will be a great way to learn more about the incentives, infrastructure and technology around these vehicles.

What is it: This workshop is targeted to individuals or fleets interested in taking advantage of the $5000 rebate available through California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Throughout the session, participants will learn more about the program including, how to register for the rebate, what vehicles are eligible and important upcoming dates. In addition to the Rebate Project, CCSE will be partnering with representatives from SMUD to give you a better understanding of the impact these new vehicles will have on the grid as well as your energy bill. Participants will also hear from GE about the upcoming WattStation http://www.geindustrial.com/products/static/WattStation/, hitting the streets in the next year.

When is it: November 9 from 3.00-5.00pm and November 10 from 5.00-7.00pm

Where is it: Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District, 777 12th Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, CA 95814

How do I Register: Visit http://www.energycenter.org/cvrp-events , click on the workshop schedule for either November 9 or November 10, 2010

If you have any questions or need any additional information please feel free to email or call David Almeida at 858-244-1190 or [email protected].

The California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE), a San Diego-based non-profit, administers the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Over the next three months, CCSE will be conducting workshops throughout the State in order to promote the Project and to educate consumers on electric vehicle technologies, new electric vehicle charging infrastructure being built across the State, and important consumer information regarding electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.

I live in Granite Bay, which is about 20 miles northeast of Sacramento. Roseville Electric company is my electrcity provider. Is there anyone from Roseville Electric scheduled to be there?
I am going to attend the workshop on 11/10.
Thanks in advance.

Harv

Center4Energy said:

If you are interested in applying for this rebate, you need to come to the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Workshop on either November 9 or 10, at the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District.

What is it: This workshop is targeted to individuals or fleets interested in taking advantage of the $5000 rebate available through California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Throughout the session, participants will learn more about the program including, how to register for the rebate, what vehicles are eligible and important upcoming dates. In addition to the Rebate Project, CCSE will be partnering with representatives from SMUD to give you a better understanding of the impact these new vehicles will have on the grid as well as your energy bill. Participants will also hear from GE about the upcoming WattStation http://www.geindustrial.com/products/static/WattStation/, hitting the streets in the next year.

When is it: November 9 from 3.00-5.00pm and November 10 from 5.00-7.00pm

Where is it: Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District, 777 12th Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, CA 95814

How do I Register: Visit http://www.energycenter.org/cvrp-events , click on the workshop schedule for either November 9 or November 10, 2010

If you have any questions or need any additional information please feel free to email or call David Almeida at 858-244-1190 or [email protected].

The California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE), a San Diego-based non-profit, administers the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Over the next three months, CCSE will be conducting workshops throughout the State in order to promote the Project and to educate consumers on electric vehicle technologies, new electric vehicle charging infrastructure being built across the State, and important consumer information regarding electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.

Center4Energy said:
If you are interested in applying for this rebate, you need to come to the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Workshop on either November 9 or 10, at the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District.

Just a comment.

I'm FULLY in support of everything the CCSE does. It is a fine organization, staffed by committed, smart people.

But the way this post is worded, it would sound to a newbie like unless they can come to a workshop, they CAN'T claim the credit. That's not true. The workshops are valuable and I'm fully in support of everyone going so that we are all working with the same information (especially that it is not acceptable to reserve rebate funds unless you have received the car and it is registered to you, and not before!) But I'd hate to think that someone would drive a hundred miles out of their way because they thought that they'd miss out on the rebate if they didn't.

Great enthusiasm, Center4Energy, but please word posts like this more accurately.

I would agree. The wording certainly is misleading. One doesn't have to attend this workshop to be eligible for the rebate. CCSE is definitely doing a wonderful job otherwise. I had spoken to their customer service department about 10 days ago and the rep was really helpful.
As I had mentioned earlier, these workshops are quite informative and provide answers to many other concerns or questions.

Harv
Boomer23 said:
Center4Energy said:

Just a comment.

I'm FULLY in support of everything the CCSE does. It is a fine organization, staffed by committed, smart people.

But the way this post is worded, it would sound to a newbie like unless they can come to a workshop, they CAN'T claim the credit. That's not true. The workshops are valuable and I'm fully in support of everyone going so that we are all working with the same information (especially that it is not acceptable to reserve rebate funds unless you have received the car and it is registered to you, and not before!) But I'd hate to think that someone would drive a hundred miles out of their way because they thought that they'd miss out on the rebate if they didn't.

Great enthusiasm, Center4Energy, but please word posts like this more accurately.

Hello Everybody,

First off thank you for the comments. I agree the wording may be misleading and will be changing it in the near future. To answer some of your questions, there will be a representative from SMUD at the workshop on the Nov. 9 and 10. We don't currently have someone from Roseville coming, however I will put in a call and see if we can get someone there for the 10th.

With respect to the charging companies, we will hear from GE on the 9th and Coloumb on the 10th.

Thanks again for the comments and help spreading the word. Keep me posted if you have any further comments.

Best,

David

Visual said:
Will there be a rep from PG&E? We live in a PG&E area just out side Sacramento (El Dorado Hills)?

Hi Visual,

There will likely not be a rep from PG&E. However, send me an email and I will forward you a presentation I put together about PG&E's rates/EV Program. I will also put on the Bay Area distribution list so that you get PG&E's presentation from the Bay Area workshop.

Hope that helps!

David
[email protected]

Back