Unable to change dealership

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto for me. Received an RAQ yesterday (9/3). Did not accept/requested rework. Then, tried to switch preferred dealer, and new dealer only appears as PD under the 'find a dealer' page. Hope the switch does not take too long. Already made call to new dealer, though, to initiate the conversation.

Long4Leaf said:
Does the original dealer you sent the RAQ to have to change the preferred dealer? I hope not, they have no motivation to make that change and maybe that is why we are all still sitting here waiting for an "escalation" to get this fixed.

No, the original dealer doesn't have anything to do with it. I've gone through the RAQ, rework process 3 times now with this first dealer, the last time was over the phone with the first dealer. I'm pretty sure it's just a bug and we aren't doing anything wrong.

The first dealer is not as knowledgeable about the program, and has tried to lay guilt on me that they are having to work with me. Not a way to get my business! They won't even quote me a price on fees, just car price.

I haven't had a chance to order or RAQ yet. From the moment they put the new dashboard up, the "change your dealer" function disappeared. Too bad, I had understood we'd be able to change dealers right up until the moment we place the order. Anyone got the matter resolved after contacting CS?

garygid said:
Is there not a "dealer" link in fine print right at the bottom of the Dashboard screen (just left of center)?
Yes, there is. But for some reason, changing it through that "find a dealer" link (which 'works'), doesn't get reflected in the 'order your Nissan Leaf' section of your dashboard ('my account'). That's the first obvious fix, but ... that doesn't fix it, as one would expect. At least this has been my experience. CS knows about the bug and is 'fixing' it .... Apparently, someone with a similar problem was able to get their order through. So hopefully this will end soon. For some reason, there is always a 24-hr 'wait period' involved before certain changes/actions occur on 'my account'.

This was the information I received about this issue. From the response that JPVLeaf got, I suspect this is a global change to the website, not just a change made to specific users. I would either try calling Nissan again, or just follow the steps there and see what happens.

I placed an order yesterday, but with the old preferred dealer. The dealer I was going to change to stopped communicating with me for some reason, and while I'm paying a little more, at least it's over with. I was sick of dealing with it and it wasn't worth my time to save a few dollars. Sigh. So disappointed. What a pretty, non-functional website! More testing, less iAds Nissan!!!

Again, hoping they aren't rushing deployment of the car like they did the website. Could be a very expensive mistake for them in recalls and warranty work.

azdre said:
Again, hoping they aren't rushing deployment of the car like they did the website. Could be a very expensive mistake for them in recalls and warranty work.
I understand the feeling, but... I wouldn't compare one to the other. Nissan knows how to make cars, and it's not like they 'outsource' that. Heck even the battery is made inhouse, while it seems like most other car companies are going outside for their batteries. Nissan (presumably) does not know how to do web sites and went to another company for it (mentioned in the other thread). I suspect that with the car being different, Nissan wanted a "different" website as well. It has an interesting look, but I find it not real easy to navigate and clearly there are bugs like we've experienced with this dealership issue. The takeaway from this would probably be that Nissan would use someone else next time, or keep a closer eye on development/testing of the site.

JPVLeaf said:
FWIW, my issue with not being to select another preferred dealer was resolved this morning.

Is it a generic fix they did for everyone or just for you ... anyone else with the same problem ?

myleaf said:
I am having the same problem. Can you let me know how was it fixed? Thanks
In my case, I needed to resubmit my quote to the dealer that I did not want. Once they replied with their quote I had to wait about 24 hours. At that point, a new link showed up that let me change dealers. When I did that it went through the order process again, this time showing the new dealer I had selected (and additionally giving me an option to select yet a different dealer). I got a specific email detailing this, but I suspect it was a global change, not something specific to me.

JasonT said:
myleaf said:
I am having the same problem. Can you let me know how was it fixed? Thanks
In my case, I needed to resubmit my quote to the dealer that I did not want. Once they replied with their quote I had to wait about 24 hours. At that point, a new link showed up that let me change dealers. When I did that it went through the order process again, this time showing the new dealer I had selected (and additionally giving me an option to select yet a different dealer). I got a specific email detailing this, but I suspect it was a global change, not something specific to me.
Ditto. But, now that that problem has been fixed, I have another one! :-( I had called a few days ago to, as thankfully suggested by garyid, request CS to 'enable the AV waiver'. Well, apparently, that didn't take as expected. When going through the order screens, I was still being asked regarding the 'home charging dock' ... and payment method. Sheesh.

After calling CS (again!), I was told this would be escalated to a supervisor. However, their computer system is down, and will be down for 2 more hrs.

JPVLeaf said:
Ditto. But, now that that problem has been fixed, I have another one! :-( I had called a few days ago to, as thankfully suggested by garyid, request CS to 'enable the AV waiver'. Well, apparently, that didn't take as expected. When going through the order screens, I was still being asked regarding the 'home charging dock' ... and payment method. Sheesh.
Is this the question asking if you're going to bundle the cost of the dock into your car cost or pay for it separately? If it were me, I would just choose the "credit card" option and move on. They don't ask for a CC number, and it will let you get through the rest of the process.

JasonT said:
Is this the question asking if you're going to bundle the cost of the dock into your car cost or pay for it separately? If it were me, I would just choose the "credit card" option and move on. They don't ask for a CC number, and it will let you get through the rest of the process.
Thanks, Jason. Yes, that's it. I agree, if it's not fixed after the '2 hr fix time', I may do just that! Did your order go through?

JPVLeaf said:
Did your order go through?
Yes, it did. Submitted, accepted, approved, all that. Now I get to wait like the others for the "delivery date" to update. It's pretty funny/sad that I went from an "August order" to being over a week into Sept before I could complete my order. But oh well, that's part of the fun of being an early adopter!

JasonT said:
JPVLeaf said:
Did your order go through?
Yes, it did. Submitted, accepted, approved, all that. Now I get to wait like the others for the "delivery date" to update. It's pretty funny/sad that I went from an "August order" to being over a week into Sept before I could complete my order. But oh well, that's part of the fun of being an early adopter!

Nice to hear that someone got through this wall. I was told the same thing yesterday. Resubmitted to original dealer who sent back the same quote. I has been just over 24hrs since, still no change dealer option. I am hoping it is fixed.

JasonT said:
Good for you. True on the 'early adopter' point. Funny thing is that I'm not really sweating it too much since I wasn't initially expecting to receive my Leaf until March 2011. But, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I am actually able to order (and receive) it sooner (and cheaper at ~$1700 below MSRP). So, it's all just part of the process. It's just all the starts and stops ... just when you think you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't really have this 'urgency' to be the first on the block. If I think about it, it's just an 'expensive' toy. Nothing to get too up in arms about. After all, even the few that are experiencing the fits and starts, no one is forcing us to buy one. I'm just thankful to be able to ....

FYI: I was able to change my dealer today by using the "my dealer" link at the very bottom of the page.

Back