Trickle, Normal, Quick (!)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFer

Just saw something new in CW ... tried to get a status update, but it failed. When I closed the window that shows the error message the "normal" window which shows the last successful update ... WASN'T (!) :shock:

Instead of only showing me how long it had estimated the last time for

"trickle" xx hrs yy min
"normal" zz hrs ww min

it ALSO included a red button labelled "quick" :eek:

But none of the times were displayed (since the update failed) and the state of charge had ALL bars lit up, but no percentage. All the estimated range miles were also missing.

Anyone else see this ?

Also ... as soon as I logged in the rotating (busy) icon started up without my having to hit "refresh". Personally, I do *NOT* like this ... I would first like to review the prior successful update data, before I click "refresh".

Too bad I didn't do a screen capture :oops:

After logging out and it automatically retrying ... the update worked and reverted back to the regular "trickle"/"normal" data screen.

I do notice something a little different on mine, but it's not a red quick button like you saw. My refresh button normally would go with a circulating dotted arrow. But this time it has a solid, yellow circle slightly lower than normal, until the refresh is done and I get the solid black circular arrow again.

Does not show up on mine, but it is in the legend.
20111005-103613.jpg

Yup, that's the "quick" button I saw on the web version of CarWings. I've retried a few times since then, but ( unfortunately :roll: ) the subsequent updates have always been successful. :lol: So, I've not yet had a chance to reproduce the symptom.

Ha! There ! Caught it ! :lol:

Notice the orange "quick" behind the "curtain" while updating. (Had arrived with VLB; second picture is the status after the "curtain" cleared. I had an unsuccesful update at 4:59 ...)

leafstatusupdatewithqui.jpg

leafstatusupdatewithqui.jpg

LEAFer said:
Just saw something new in CW ... tried to get a status update, but it failed. When I closed the window that shows the error message the "normal" window which shows the last successful update ... WASN'T (!) :shock:

Instead of only showing me how long it had estimated the last time for

"trickle" xx hrs yy min
"normal" zz hrs ww min

it ALSO included a red button labelled "quick" :eek:

But none of the times were displayed (since the update failed) and the state of charge had ALL bars lit up, but no percentage. All the estimated range miles were also missing.

Anyone else see this ?

It looks like you stumbled upon a variant of the normal behavior during a quick charge. Red button "quick", no estimated completion, and no estimated miles.

z0ner said:
It looks like you stumbled upon a variant of the normal behavior during a quick charge. Red button "quick", no estimated completion, and no estimated miles.
I wasn't anywhere near a DC QC ... unfortunately ! Wish there were more around. :x Have never yet been able to test the QC port ... just plugged in at home on L2.

So far I've seen this behaviour only if the previous connection attempt somehow fails or gets stuck.
( I don't have a smart phone so all of these reports are based on the website login from a PC. I usually use IE8 (or now IE9); yesterday I used Chrome. )

It's not really a big deal ... just a curiosity.

Back