Touchy window control

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

Maybe I'm just a klutz or have poor reflexes, but find it difficult to adjust the windows to be only partway down. I know that to stop a window from going all the way, either up or down, you give a quick pull or push on the window button while it's moving, but at least 2/3 of the time when I try that, it just reverses direction instead of stopping. There have been times when I've had to do that dance 4 or 5 times before I get it to stop. Am I alone in this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't had this problem with other cars that have push button windows.

Before you ask why I even want to, there are several situations that have come up where this is necessary, such as when I'm parked in a store lot in the sun waiting for my wife to come out and the temperature gets to 85 or so from the greenhouse effect while the outside temp is cool, say 62, so it makes more sense just to open a couple of windows a little to allow outside air to form a cool cross-breeze rather than run the A/C while parked. If I open them too far, then it gets too cold and the climate control will start heating again as soon as I start up, wasting power.

I had exactly this problem with the driver's window until I re-read the manual
and found that it's not the time you hold the button, but the degree to which you do.

When you're not driving, ;), play with the button a little. There are actually two clicks
you can feel. The first is the usual "move until released", the second click opens/closes
the window all the way.

Hope this helps.

Only the driver's window has the 2-step operation, the other three are nornal manual control: hold up to raise, hold down to lower.

The driver's window has the same manual operation when the up/down switch is moved VERY LITTLE. Try very gently to experience this "first click" oprration.

highcountryrider said:
I had exactly this problem with the driver's window until I re-read the manual
and found that it's not the time you hold the button, but the degree to which you do.

When you're not driving, ;), play with the button a little. There are actually two clicks
you can feel. The first is the usual "move until released", the second click opens/closes
the window all the way.

Hope this helps.

I wonder how long it would have taken me to realize this! I'd been cursing the automatic window too. Thanks.

Passenger window switches are three position switches (raise / stop / lower) .

The drivers window switch adds two more positions compared to the passenger switches (auto-close / raise / stop / lower / auto-open).
Stop works only if the auto-options were not engaged.

Back