Theism vs Atheism

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
klapauzius said:
AndyH said:
Does this mean anything to you? Approx 1530-1600 CDT 28Jul11
Row of single-occupant cubicles in a fairly narrow space. People face left when seated. Large plate glass window to right, from roughly shoulder height when seated. Curly dark hair. Reddish tie. (possibly not red - colors are sometimes reversed.) Some type of raised-relief picture or sculpture - hits of olive and bronze - like Mayan or Aztec. (museum? research?)

Pulling out of parking lot - motorcycle pulled out first - both turned to right. Motorcycle pulled into left turn lane at light. Five lane street - two each way plus center turn lane. Very near intersection and red light immediately after turning right onto street.

Little girl (3-4?), curly hair (shirley temple?!) playing with string - steps into adult brown shoes/low boots and stands; looks up.

Sorry no, it does not mean anything to me. Why don't you just give a plain answer? Why can you not remote view 1 foot sized letters?
The answer to your question is written in two of my posts above. If you didn't recognize those two, I have zero confidence you'll recognize the third writing. Not snarky, simply stating sad fact.

I think you know already. If not, you'll know by morning. I don't expect you to admit it, though. Also sad.

You've got the info you need to answer your questions. Pursue those as you wish with my blessings.

AndyH said:
The answer to your question is written in two of my posts above. If you didn't recognize those two, I have zero confidence you'll recognize the third writing. Not snarky, simply stating sad fact.

I think you know already. If not, you'll know by morning. I don't expect you to admit it, though. Also sad.

You've got the info you need to answer your questions. Pursue those as you wish with my blessings.

Sounds mysterious...yes, I know already.
Of course the problem is more a psychological one than a physical problem.

I did not really expect you to remote view 4 letters and tell me the right answer (although you would have had a 1 in 456976 chance of just guessing it right).

The fact is, you simply cannot remote view stuff, because like any other human being, you are not equipped to do so (without technological means, that is).

On the other hand, doing this is so simple...you just need 2 people with a smartphone, or a laptop, and bingo, the magic works, even for the most un-enlightened of us. But you do realize the difference between the 'mystic' approach and real world technology?

I honestly don't know how many folks actually believe in this stuff, but as P.T. Barnum said.... well, I think we know that one.

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/tv-shows/science-scams

TonyWilliams said:

I honestly don't know how many folks actually believe in this stuff, but as P.T. Barnum said.... well, I think we know that one.

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/tv-shows/science-scams

Yes, although it is fairly easy to debunk this stuff, as you can see in this thread.
There is no question about that (except maybe for one or two people contributing to this thread). It also
seems, that the arguments are slowly getting more bizarre ... but then it might all be just a prank anyway.

klapauzius said:
Yes, although it is fairly easy to debunk this stuff, as you can see in this thread.
There is no question about that (except maybe for one or two people contributing to this thread). It also
seems, that the arguments are slowly getting more bizarre ... but then it might all be just a prank anyway.
klapauzius - I've told you already - twice in writing and once via a video link just a few posts above that I have not been able to see letters. There is a sound reason for that - and that's also explained in the posts above.

Just as you selectively filtered earlier posts so you could stay on message, you're doing it now. You're essentially saying "I will only recognize this as a success if you can do this exact thing that I want you to do" - and that is not how this works. Had you followed the links and done your part of this process, you'd have found a summary of the seven current theories for how remote viewing works, along with the types of information one is able to access - and it's INFORMATION during RV, it's NOT a digital camera.

In addition, I explained to you that I am not a trained remote viewer - and strongly recommended that you contact a professional for your test. Why? Firstly, because you've configured an invalid test. Period. I've told you what I'm willing to do and what level of cooperation I need to do it. You are unwilling to even hear me out, much less cooperate. The only option you leave me is to force the issue - and that's both a moral and ethical violation and I will not play that game.

Watch this tv news clip - you can see a blind technical remote viewing session filmed live by a news crew:
http://www.remoteviewing.com/video-and-multimedia/trv-demonstration.html

Until you've done that, and contacted me by PM, I will not respond further to you.

Not sure where all this discussions started, I only red a few posts here and there.

I believe that when a scientific mind denies what it does not fit its logic, it is not better than the religious mind that denies what it does not fit its believes.
To me it does not matter if an idea is right or wrong. But it is important to me how it changes the world. Both, science and religion can have (had) good and bad results, depends how we use them.

camasleaf said:
Not sure where all this discussions started, I only red a few posts here and there.

I believe that when a scientific mind denies what it does not fit its logic, it is not better than the religious mind that denies what it does not fit its believes.
To me it does not matter if an idea is right or wrong. But it is important to me how it changes the world. Both, science and religion can have (had) good and bad results, depends how we use them.

There is no individual logic in science, unlike in religion. Everyone can check for him/her/self if 2+2=4 and will come to the same conclusion.
Not so in religion.

camasleaf said:

Btw, intelligent design supporters and climate change deniers make essentially this argument.....

How a 'wrong' idea can change the world for good, it is just a matter of semantics. We can call it a 'good idea' then?

AndyH said:
Watch this tv news clip - you can see a blind technical remote viewing session filmed live by a news crew:
http://www.remoteviewing.com/video-and-multimedia/trv-demonstration.html

Until you've done that, and contacted me by PM, I will not respond further to you.

Hmmm...no PM, but I did watch the video! Its just a few minutes, so no problems with that. Of course now I get why
you cannot remote view the numbers!
What can I say...This kind of "remote viewing" can indeed be done by anyone. Its like the horoscope predicts the future...100% sensitivity, but 0% specificity. Imagine you look for your car key and ask your spouse where it is and the answer is:"It's in this universe".
Of course its correct. Just be fuzzy or general enough and anyone can see anything anywhere.

TonyWilliams said:
I honestly don't know how many folks actually believe in this stuff...
Tony, interesting link - thanks!

I would like to make something clear to you and any other rational ;) folks that might read this portion of this thread. My desire to was to provide an absolutely fact-based view of something that is outside of popular culture and yet supports the view of many that are religious and/or spiritual - that there's more available to us than provided by our five senses. I desired to build a bridge connecting two separated groups of forum friends - not roll in the mud. ;)

It's very difficult to have some conversations in 'internet land' due to the loss of all the non-verbal cues and the anonymity factor. This is an area that requires a bit of credibility as it appears I'm asking folks to take a bit larger step than I first thought.

So...let's fix part of that now. What the heck's an 'AndyH'. I have not been professionally trained as a remote viewer. I have training and 'operational' experience in an art that allows basic medical diagnostics. I have attended a week-long intensive at the Monroe Institute (Gateway Voyage). I have been using their audio materials to allow self-discovery and exploration of altered states of consciousness fairly regularly since about 1998. I have had some spontaneous remote-viewing-like experiences that I've verified with the 'target' but I cannot do this at will. They happen when they happen and they don't the rest of the time. The best connection happens with a friend where there's mutual respect and a desire to work together. I have enough experience and personal contacts to know that remote viewing and other facets exist and can be learned, but I don't have enough experience to perform a side-show act. ;) As for the 'real world' - I'm a retired USAF intelligence analyst that served about half my career in Europe and Korea and the rest in the US. All of my experience was within the intelligence community with various agencies. I have not been part of the government's remote viewing program, but did meet Skip Atwater during my week at the Monroe Institute as he was one of the instructors.

I have used as much of my military experience as I'm allowed to use to direct us to factual information. From that we can see that remote viewing exists, is real, and yet cannot be adequately explained by mainstream science. The folks with the best guesses so far, I think, are physicists.

While I've provided a link to Dr. Edgar Mitchell's short video in which he identifies the 'm field' as the best guess so far, the link I provided to F Holmes "Skip" Atwater's videos at the Monroe Institute provides a better look at what the M field is and what types of information is available there. I feel that Skip is uniquely qualified to provide info on the subject because while he was an early participant in the Star Gate program and helped develop various techniques and training materials, he's also been in the lab wiring up humans and expanding the frontier on the physiological side as well. The 'RV or OBE' video gives an overview of science, capability, and history. Much of what he says (like the submarine trials) can be verified in the CIA documents linked below.

Here is the best overview I've seen of the total history of modern remote viewing. It provides info on past and present viewers and observers (usually there are two souls in the room during a mission). And as my friend from the great North Wet will recognize with great relief, the name 'uri geller' is not on the list. :lol:

http://www.remoteviewed.com/rvhistorymap.html
You can see at the very top that the main development work started in about 1972 at which time the work was a limited-access intelligence program. That means that from about 1972 until the program was declassified in the late 1980s, none of the folks that had 'real clues' about what was happening could write papers and submit them to 'nature' or other journals. After the program was closed and declassified, some of the folks started businesses either providing training, viewing services, or both. One can see that in the lower section of the web page - 1989 to present.

If you're at all interested, this page has full remote viewing transcripts/reports as compiled and submitted to the customer.
http://www.remoteviewed.com/remote_viewing_history_military.htm

Those of you that watched Skip's video on the intro to RV, you'll recall that they started with large targets, then found that viewers could also describe small targets (match box), and then objects as small as microdots and things on atomic scales. Size was no limit. They later found that distance and time are not limits either. For an example of this, hit this report of a helicopter crash. The remove viewer was to go back in time to 'ride along' with a helicopter crew as they departed base and provide a narrative until the helo crashed. The military was able to locate the missing helo and her dead crew, as well as identify the cause of the crash, due to the RV team. (Recall that the remote viewers got the tasking only after all other methods failed...) edit...helo and crew were lost in Ecuador in 1981. They did multiple (at least 4) sessions before sending in search party. I hope the families got their boys back. :( ...nutherEdit...there are multiple helo crashes documented, with multiple sessions for each. If you really want to 'see' what we're capable of when we shift our logical mind out of the way, read thru some of these - and into the sessions around page 40 to 50.
http://www.remoteviewed.com/21.11.08/downed_chopper.pdf
helo.jpg

While I've already provided a direct link to the listing of the CIA's declassified documents, this site has some of them archived for retrieval.
http://www.remoteviewed.com/remote_viewing_history_military_b.htm

I doubt our skeptics will appreciate that the CIA looked into Mr. James Randi:
"Recent Adverse Publicity on Parapsychological Research"
http://www.remoteviewed.com/blogdocs/James Randi.pdf
It is clear Mr. Randi is solely interested in promoting his image as a clever magician, and in enhancing his career as a showman, at the expense of reporting accuracy. The use of tactics involving "plants" raises significant ethical issues as well.
Please note that unlike Mr. Randi, the military and civilian personnel involved in the Star Gate program "are known to have extremely high ethical standards."

Folks, these docs provide a view into a parallel world most never see. Yes - it's a culture shock. Yes - it can have an adverse impact on our world view. And yes - it may take some time to 'sink in' - but this is very normal.

But it's very clear - this is a known and valid science.

This is a fantastic document! It outlines the entire arena of research at the time - what was done, why, where, and in response to what.

http://www.remoteviewed.com/blogdocs/DIA_psychoenergetics research_1984.pdf
"Psychoenergetics Research" Pages 5 and 6:
(U) For any field of knowledge to be considered a science, those involved in the field must adhere to some very rigorous guidelines. In the hierarchy of science, physics would be considered as the purest science; the other physical sciences would follow, then biology and medicine. Psychology and the other social sciences would follow these. Psychoenergetics has its place somewhere between psychology and the other social sciences. It has not been reduced to mathematics and there is no physical model, but psychoenergetics does have many characteristics that are common to all science.

The first of these characteristics is replication. If an area of endeavor is to be considered a science, experiments must be replicable. When the results obtained in one laboratory cannot be obtained under the same experimental conditions in other laboratories, the work will be neglected and will be considered to fall outside the parameters of science.

The work in psychoenergetics at SRI has been replicated by several laboratories:
~ Remote Viewing (ESP)
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Institute for Parapsychology, Durham, NC
- Mundelein College, Chicago, IL
- University of California at Davis, CA

~ Remote Action (psychokinesis)
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Mind Science Foundation, San Antonio, TX
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Psychophysical Research Laboratory, Princeton, NJ
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Bell Laboratories, Columbus, OH.

These are all bonafide scientific research and development institutes. In all, there have been 28 formal published replications of the remote viewing work at SRI. Obviously, this phenomenon is not an invention of SRI; it has been duplicated on a number of occasions.

Page 19: "The total of the proposed three-year program was to develop the remote-viewing phenomenon to a point where it could be used to collect intelligence. This goal was achieved."

I don't expect anyone to believe me. I'd much rather that folks don't 'believe' me. But I hope that, if they're interested, they'll take advantage of my attempt to do a first run at separating the wheat from the chaff. I hope that they'll at least 'get' that I'm not a 14 year old troll trying to pull a Randi and perpetrate a hoax. ;)

klapauzius said:
Hmmm...no PM, but I did watch the video! Its just a few minutes, so no problems with that. Of course now I get why
What can I say...This kind of "remote viewing" can indeed be done by anyone. Its like the horoscope predicts the future...100% sensitivity, but 0% specificity. Imagine you look for your car key and ask your spouse where it is and the answer is:"It's in this universe".
Of course its correct. Just be fuzzy or general enough and anyone can see anything anywhere.
Thank you. I appreciate that you took the time.

Many of the CIA docs show other drawings and types of data. Different viewers have different sensitivities, so the 'form' of the data will vary. As I presented earlier with the Soviet military base gantry crane drawing, things can get pretty precise. As you can see from the helicopter report above, some are completely verbal. Either way, the folks doing work to that level, though, have been at it daily for years.

And as I've explained, that ain't me. That's why I recommended bringing in a professional to provide you with first-hand experience.

Thanks again. Be well.

AHHH! These released docs are GREAT! Here's a Theory and Dynamics summary...
http://www.remoteviewed.com/files/s... Moorehouse CRV theory and dynamics paper.pdf

Off to read.

Why I recommended Joe McMoneagle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U96NhE2ziHg[/youtube]

Believers - listen to his words in the few minutes about his near-death experience.

Also - note how the 'new awareness' changed his view of life.

klapauzius said:
Again - I appreciate that you watched this video clip.

I think it's important to understand what this was and what it's not. It was a very condensed look at what took about an hour in real-time. It was also only the first viewing.

There are a number of different methods used by different types of remote viewing. This particular type starts with a very broad overview on the first session. The viewer 'finds' the object the first time - learns how it and the surrounding area 'feel'. Additional sessions would be conducted to refine the 'picture' and to extract more detailed information.

To see this in action, hit the crashed helicopter document. In this, we can see that multiple remote viewers were tasked against the target and each did multiple sessions - and near the end the viewers were doing 'real-time' sessions to guide the search teams to the crash site. Let's look at just one of the viewers - #01 and see the progression.

The first session - where we travel back in time to ride along with the doomed crew - was viewed by #01. The first drawings on p9 and p10 provide a first look at terrain and the impact area. Note that the tasking for this first session was to join the crew as an observer prior to the crash (p3).

Second session - P13 - Tasking: explore area around last known position and try to find crash site. Note things in the text like compass directions and distances. Note how the map becomes a bit more detailed P20,21

Third session - Page 56 - Tasking: Answer specific questions from the US Southern Command about the condition of the helo and crew at the time of the crash (in other words - another time-travel viewing...) Note descriptions of terrain, details of native man, the ability to provide names of rivers. Then note the shift in time on P58 back to present. Describe location from ground level. Describe location from 50,000 feet altitude. Maps more detailed on P65,66.

Fourth session - Page 72 - Tasking: Help the search team find the helicopter in the jungle. Go to these geographic coordinates and provide direction/range to the crash site. Much more detail here as can be read and can be seen in the images on P83-86.

Fifth session - P92 - Tasking: Locate the search team and help find a path to the crash site. Found the team - in their hammocks. ;) More detail; images at p101 and 102.

One can follow the progression - the refinement - of the information provided by one viewer thru these five sessions. Adding info from the other viewers provides more depth and detail.

The two letters in the end of the file are from the customer - the US Southern Command - and provide some feedback and further tasking. It's been six months - all other methods to find these Americans and bring them home have failed.

Remote viewer #01 is Joe McMoneagle.

Anyone can do this just as anyone can be an Olympic swimmer or professional baseball player - most of us are born with arms, legs, and our connection to the universe, but most either don't think they can, or are afraid they can...so they don't. ;) And frankly, disinformation feeds fear and anger - and negative emotions lock our systems down so they cannot be used effectively.

Back