The September 8th - Ordering now open - Check your dashboard

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LakeLeaf

Common Nissan - we need to see a couple of happy campers here in the next 24 hours. They've done the research, they've done the hard work, they've talked up the product, heck - I'd bet they'd even buy you lunch - don't ya think it's about time to let them put their money down?

Keep checking dashboard. Yesterday my dashboard opened up 4 hours before I received Nissan's email at 5:22 pm.

Good luck!

Well, I'll second the sentiment, especially for Gavin, Daniel and Kataphn who have all been great posters on this forum! Meanwhile, I check off 1 more day until my first possible order date. 84 days to go...

At the rate my feelings about Nissan have been changing (due to the way they've been treating us) I may just decide in the next couple of days to withdraw entirely. After all, it's not as though I NEED a Leaf. The Zap Xebra SD continues to be reliable transportation. It does not go on the freeway or out of town, but about 97 days out of a hundred it's really all the car I need, and I still have hopes that the electric Porsche may emerge from the shop this year, with a shorter range than the Leaf, but double the range of the Xebra and plenty of power with its new controller. And on the rare day I need something more, there's always the stinker, which I have to keep anyway for road trips. I'm having serious second thoughts about the Leaf. And I'm wondering how Nissan will treat us after the sale, when they are willing to treat us so badly now. I've been vacillating lately. If my dashboard does finally open today (not very likely, IMO) it will be a hard decision.

So much for ordering based on reservation time, still nothing. I have been on my dealers dashboard since Aug ordering.

The fustrating part is we don't know if there is some glitch preventing ordering or if it will open today.
Fine for end of month August people. Why should September people have to wait for October 1 to call to fix a problem that could be solved today. :evil:
Just give us a date already or let us all order and Nissan can manage the que on their side.

daniel said:
And I'm wondering how Nissan will treat us after the sale, when they are willing to treat us so badly now.

I don't think any of us will be dealing with NNA once we take possession of the LEAF. It will be our local dealers we'll be dealing with every few months that really matter then, and after all, the dealers would be happy to see you the car if they could get permission from Nissan. That's, IMHO, the relationship that really counts.

For what it is worth....I did contact live chat again today. Here is the transcript.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:48:47 AM (9/8/2010 4:48:47 PM - GMT)

Welcome to EV Customer Support, Roland will be right with you.

Roland:
Thank you for contacting Nissan Electric Vehicle Customer Support, my name is Roland. How may I help you today?

Me:
Hi Roland, we have chatted before. I am concerned because my dashboard is still not open for me to order. Is my etec pending status preventing me from getting an open dashboard to order?

Roland:
I appreciate your interest in the Nissan LEAF. I will be happy to assist you with this information, Kathleen.

Me:
reservation number _________

Roland:
While your Ecotality information is still pending. This will not hold you up from doing the ordering process.

Roland:
When it is time for you to order we will email you.

Me:
I am concerned that this inability to order now will affect when I can take delivery on the car. Are the cars to be delivered in order of one's order timing?

Roland:
The delivery of the LEAF will be based ion timing of reservation.

Me:
You mean the timing of the initial reservation that I made on April 20?

Roland:
That is correct.

Me:
OK, I will continue to wait to be able to order.

Roland:
Before we end our conversation, I want to ensure your needs have been met. Do you have any additional questions about what we discussed today?

Me:
Thank you for your help. No I have no additional questions...just a plea to ask the powers that be to open up my dashboard!

So, again, Nissan saying that delivery timing will depend on the order in which you made your initial reservation and that etec pending status is not what is keeping my dashboard closed to order!

leaffan said:
Kataphn said:
Boy, Lakeleaf, that describes me....let me order already!

Me too! :mrgreen:

Hope you and Gary also hear today. Sorry - the post title can only be so many characters - I just picked up the first few members that I saw hadn't ordered yet. We love you all (isn't that what Mom used to say to each of the siblings?).

Hoping the board mojo works today for everyone.

Kataphn said:
For what it is worth....I did contact live chat again today. Here is the transcript.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:48:47 AM (9/8/2010 4:48:47 PM - GMT)

Welcome to EV Customer Support, Roland will be right with you.

Roland:
Thank you for contacting Nissan Electric Vehicle Customer Support, my name is Roland. How may I help you today?

Me:
Hi Roland, we have chatted before. I am concerned because my dashboard is still not open for me to order. Is my etec pending status preventing me from getting an open dashboard to order?

Roland:
I appreciate your interest in the Nissan LEAF. I will be happy to assist you with this information, Kathleen.

Me:
reservation number _________

Roland:
While your Ecotality information is still pending. This will not hold you up from doing the ordering process.

Roland:
When it is time for you to order we will email you.

Me:
I am concerned that this inability to order now will affect when I can take delivery on the car. Are the cars to be delivered in order of one's order timing?

Roland:
The delivery of the LEAF will be based ion timing of reservation.

Me:
You mean the timing of the initial reservation that I made on April 20?

Roland:
That is correct.

Me:
OK, I will continue to wait to be able to order.

Roland:
Before we end our conversation, I want to ensure your needs have been met. Do you have any additional questions about what we discussed today?

Me:
Thank you for your help. No I have no additional questions...just a plea to ask the powers that be to open up my dashboard!

So, again, Nissan saying that delivery timing will depend on the order in which you made your initial reservation and that etec pending status is not what is keeping my dashboard closed to order!

Kat, I told you that very same thing a long time ago. Didn't you believe me? ;) Many reliable sources gave me the same info.

As of 11:30 a.m. PDT my dashboard is not yet open. I'm actually hoping it does NOT open today, because I really need to reconsider if I want this car. Once the electric Porsche is finished, the Leaf will go a little farther, and will have much more room and a few slick features, but do I really need both EVs? I would have said I WANT the Leaf, whether I really need it or not. But my opinion of Nissan has deteriorated to the point that I am no longer certain.

Pondering...

Kat, I told you that very same thing a long time ago. Didn't you believe me? Many reliable sources gave me the same info.

Yes, I believed you....just wanted to see what sort of consistency of answers were being provided by Nissan. Also many folks seem to believe that their order timing effects their delivery date. It appears it does not! :eek: However, I still feel that divining what is in the mind of Nissan is like reading tea leaves since we never got a FAQ list on this whole process from them!

Back