The September 3rd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboard

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been on a plane all day, but was just able to check in and placed my order!

Reserved 4/20
ECOtality approved. (Got an email from ECOtality yesterday saying "Nissan will be contacting you shortly...". Could be a heads up notice for others with approval in the EV Project.)
Cayenne Red, splash guards, floor mats
Ordered from Leon at Mossy Poway

I had September order date.

4/20 reservation.
Noticed I could order this morning around 9:00a (9/3).
Sent for RAQ ~1:00p (9/3).
Received quote from PD, but will probably have to wait til tomorrow to make final order.

And, FWIW, had originally selected Silver SV but changed to Black SL for RAQ.

JP

p.s. Received email from Nissan that I can RAQ from dealer ~1:35p (about 4-1/2 hrs after actual order screen opened up)

Don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone have an Oct. order data? Or are all the orders for the launch states going to be placed by the end of Sep?

My order opened Sep 1 ~12:30pm

October is my order month, I reserved on April 20th. 3 hours after they started taking deposits

MaryC said:
I reserved on April 20th and have an October order date. Why I don't know. Still waiting.

Mary - do you remember what time you reserved?

My reservation was before 2:30, and I just got my order invite today. If you were late on the 20th, you might have been pushed back to October. If you reserved within an hour or so of 2:30, I'd chat with Nissan and see if you should be that far back in line.

MaryC said:
I reserved on April 20th and have an October order date. Why I don't know. Still waiting.
You are not in The original project launch area.

Priority was given to people Living in Washington oregon San diego arizona And tennessee.

I know a guy in missouri Who ordered right of way But is reservation month Is september 2011

1051 said:
October is my order month, I reserved on April 20th. 3 hours after they started taking deposits
Same for me and I live in AZ. I'm somewhat pissed about how Nissan is handling this. They screwed up the launch on the GT-R, so I guess this is Nissan's standard operating procedure.

DaveinOlyWA said:
You are not in The original project launch area.

Priority was given to people Living in Washington oregon San diego arizona And tennessee.

I know a guy in missouri Who ordered right of way But is reservation month Is september 2011

But Mary is in SF - which is in a launch state. MO is very different.

Though some people have speculated - I'm yet to see any proof of EVP areas getting any priority over non-EVP within the 5 rollout states.

Some have speculated if a debit card was used the transaction takes a bit longer compared to a CC.
The time mark could be when the transaction was finally confirmed next day.
Again, just speculation.

Would have been nice if Nissan would have confirmed the exact time and place in line back in April.
Could be a separate cue by state or area. It is anyone's guess. Very fusterating.

just FYI, I am in SF area, no EV project. Order date 1-Sep. Place reservation 4/20 ~2:45pm. But I agree, it is probably based on when the $99 deposit cleared.

I couldn't log into the reservation system until after 4pm on 4/20. So it may be all of you were just that much faster. I wish Nissan would give a date when I will be able to order. Not knowing is just frustrating.

I agree It is frustrating Not being more aware Of the timetable nissan He is using or how critical The ordering process is.

To be fair we should b Notified of the timetable For Ordering our leaf. Granted this could cause Additional headaches for nissan Because if we Did know ahead of time We would be calling nissan To reschedule. Etc.

Now the pre registration process I understand However the ordering process I do not. 4 people ordering In september It appears that they must Constantly monitor Their email and dashboards unlike us Who knew that we would not be the able to order Until august 31st.

This is all very strange

smkettner said:
Some have speculated if a debit card was used the transaction takes a bit longer compared to a CC.

The time mark could be when the transaction was finally confirmed next day. Again, just speculation.
I posted on some thread that I had used a debit card since the website wouldn't accept my AmEx card. I just now checked my records; it turns out I gave them a rarely-used credit card issued by my wife's credit union. But the kicker is that the credit union reported a transaction date of 4/26 and a post date of 4/27. I actually signed up on 4/20, finally getting around browser and AmEx problems some time after 3 PM, something less than an hour after my email arrived.

In apparent contradiction to your speculation, I was able to order on Sep 1. Like MaryC, I am also in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I was told that due to the holiday, don't bother refreshing your dashboard every 90 seconds as they're taking the holiday off & won't be back on board 'till Tuesday. Whew! Mine finally came through yesterday. So . . . what's the next big thing ... arrival?

Wtg Gary!! Now my state Will have charging stations Positioned so i can drive the entire North south length of the state. Oregon will be just about there as well So i can meet you in salem!!

hill said:
I was told that due to the holiday, don't bother refreshing your dashboard every 90 seconds as they're taking the holiday off & won't be back on board 'till Tuesday. Whew! Mine finally came through yesterday. So . . . what's the next big thing ... arrival?

Long4Leaf said:
Don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone have an Oct. order data? Or are all the orders for the launch states going to be placed by the end of Sep?

My order opened Sep 1 ~12:30pm

I posted my deposit on 9/20 by American Express. Their system, though listing AE, could not actually process AE. Two days later I noticed the problem and resubmitted on Visa, which worked. My reservation date was posted as 9/22. My order month is October. I am located in So.Cal.

avanti5010 said:
1051 said:
Same for me and I live in AZ. I'm somewhat pissed about how Nissan is handling this. They screwed up the launch on the GT-R, so I guess this is Nissan's standard operating procedure.

Avanti, you are the first I've seen to have an Oct. order month from AZ. Did you qualify for the EV Project?

Back