The New Charcoal Metallic Color - Do you Like it?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Saw my 1st one at the Dealer. I liked it, personally.

2gum91i.jpg

It's only a phone pic - and it appeared a tad darker in person.

Officially it is called "Metallic Slate" and it looks pretty good in person.
It is much darker than the Silver but not quite Super Black.
It reminds me of the dark gray that you see on BMWs.

I'm getting tired of this color FAST. It seems half the new cars on the road are now a variation of this color. It's the new "Champagne". I've always preferred real colors (red, blue, green, yellow, purple) to various greys and bronzes.

davewill said:
I'm getting tired of this color FAST. It seems half the new cars on the road are now a variation of this color. It's the new "Champagne". I've always preferred real colors (red, blue, green, yellow, purple) to various greys and bronzes.
+1 Eventually this phase will pass and color will come back. Once everyone is wearing/driving black (which seems to be the case today), the 16 yo kids will want to be different than those old people.

I do not like it. Not at all. It seems all of the advertising being done with the Leaf is now using this color too (probably because it is a new color for 2013) I still don't understand why they don't offer a green of any sort for the Leaf. Of course I have blue and that is the color I wanted and still like best.

I do like it. I would have gotten this for sure in 2011 if it was offered. We've always bought black cars, but I'm ready to change that.

The thing I don't like is the black leather interior. Why not offer the same light grey as the fabric? Light interiors are happier places to be. It's enough of a factor for me that I would be getting a cloth interior if I bought a 2013, in spite of all the shocks I get from my LEAF in the winter!

Reddy said:
davewill said:
+1 Eventually this phase will pass and color will come back. Once everyone is wearing/driving black (which seems to be the case today), the 16 yo kids will want to be different than those old people.
I agree; much too blah for me. I don't get the attraction of blacks and greys.

Based on pictures here—I've never seen one in person—I think the red is the nicest LEAF color.

SuperBlack said:
I do like it. I would have gotten this for sure in 2011 if it was offered. We've always bought black cars, but I'm ready to change that.

The thing I don't like is the black leather interior. Why not offer the same light grey as the fabric? Light interiors are happier places to be. It's enough of a factor for me that I would be getting a cloth interior if I bought a 2013, in spite of all the shocks I get from my LEAF in the winter!

The Charcoal Metallic is the only LEAF color I really like.

I got offered a great deal on a '13, which my dealer offered to source to my spec.

I looked at an Altima on the lot in that color, and almost asked the dealer to find me an '13 SL.

But the black leather is a problem for me also. It gets over 110 F fairly regularly in the Summer in the north end of the Central Valley, and my previous experience with vehicles with black interiors have left me with severe thermal anxiety.

Maybe my dreams will come true, and the '14 Infiniti LE will have come in Charcoal Metallic, have a light gray or tan leather interior available.

As well as a ~30 kWh battery pack, and a sticker price starting at ~$40k.

I've been driving mine for about 10 days now and really like it. I was torn between Red and the new slate color. Since a good friend of mine had a red 2012 I decided I didn't want to copy them so I went with Slate.

I do thing it blends into the crowd more than the other colors....for me that is a good thing....never did want to stick out too much.

Since it is a two year lease, if I do get sick of it I won't have to live with it for too long!

Back