The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ttweed said:
...Frankly, if I was a Nissan executive and I saw the depth and breadth of your posting history here, including the absolutely mean-spirited, ad hominem attack you made on Nissan employees in the June deliveries thread, which you later retracted, I would be calling Long Beach and telling them to lose your car at the back of the lot for at least the next 6 months.
Tom,

Thanks for taking the initiative I lacked in calling this user out. His vituperative posting here on MNL the past few weeks has gotten wearisome. I can't for the life of me figure why he hasn't cancelled his order, parted ways with Nissan, and bid adieu to this Forum in search of a happier existence; I guess it's a case of "to each his own."

Again, Tom, thanks for saying what I wish I had long ago.

JPVLeaf said:
Don't know why Nissan would owe Mr. D a dime unless they also offered the same to every 'jumped over' Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec order that was offset due to later non-orphan buyers.
Precisely my point.

daniel said:
Glenn said:
Thanks for taking the initiative I lacked in calling this user out. His vituperative posting here on MNL the past few weeks has gotten wearisome.
Then don't read my posts.
Now there's some actionable advice!

On my way to the User Control Panel, to update my "foes" list (badly name, should be simply "hide posts"). For those of you who weren't aware we have that option available, check it out.

lonndoggie said:
...On my way to the User Control Panel, to update my "foes" list (badly name, should be simply "hide posts"). For those of you who weren't aware we have that option available, check it out.
He's been on my foe list for awhile, but I keep getting echoes as people quote him. Although it IS pretty funny to see one post from someone, then two hidden ones from daniel, then another post, three more hidden ones from daniel...

Although it is kinda sad to watch him jump on people that simply congratulate a new owner.

daniel said:
JPVLeaf said:
Don't know why Nissan would owe Mr. D a dime unless they also offered the same to every 'jumped over' Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec order that was offset due to later non-orphan buyers.
Precisely my point.
Wishful thinking. But I said that tongue-in-cheek. As I said previously, it's not going to happen.

During one CS chat, I referenced my expectations of 'first-in-first-out'. Initially, I found the rep's response that 'Nissan never promised that' as annoying. But, later realized it was true. They are under no obligation to deliver purely first-in-first-out, and haven't ... although that has been somewhat of a guideline. That was true even during the first deliveries when the first delivery in S.D. was a 9/8/10 order. Shudder. From there, it's clear that this is Nissan's game. Their rules. They call the shots, and they can cherry pick their first delivery as they see fit. We could only hope they'd stick closer to the first-in-first-out as things moved along.

I will feel bad for those California Sept and Oct orders if they don't get the full $5k rebate. But, if losing the (extra) $2.5k becomes a deal-breaker, then ... you just don't order the Leaf, and look for another EV to drive and love. I was faced with that possibility, and I had decided that if I had to choose, I would still buy the Leaf.

Besides, it could be great to drive a Porsche EV. That's something to revel in. Isn't it? ;)

Know about it, have already done it. He is only the second here that I have had to do that to so far... One was a spammer.

lonndoggie said:
On my way to the User Control Panel, to update my "foes" list (badly name, should be simply "hide posts"). For those of you who weren't aware we have that option available, check it out.

I don't have a problem with Daniel or his posts. I long ago recognized that this thread and others similarly named were started by folks who were unhappy and that this is their place to vent. I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that folks who didn't want to hear bitching would not read or reply to these posts.

Daniel's style is not my style, but it does not hurt me in any way to let him vent as he sees fit.

Thank heavens we aren't all alike. ;)

lonndoggie said:
I finally had to throw in the towel a few days ago. MNL is a lot more pleasant to read after a quick revision of that list.

leafkabob said:
I long ago recognized that this thread and others similarly named were started by folks who were unhappy and that this is their place to vent. I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that folks who didn't want to hear bitching would not read or reply to these posts.
There are some of us who come to these posts to commiserate and share what small scraps of information we get. And even some who cheer those who've managed to see their problems laid to rest.

I'm in for it all, and have done all of the above (including kvetching, but with a dose of humor, or so I've tried). I have a hard time giving empathy (or even lending an ear) to someone who keeps spewing the same issues, arguments and accusations (and EV Porsche references) over, and over, and over again. It's wearying and depressing, but I support his right to stay on that soapbox, 24/7. I also support my right to not listen.

leafkabob said:
Thank heavens we aren't all alike. ;)
Amen, brother.

davewill said:
lonndoggie said:
...On my way to the User Control Panel, to update my "foes" list (badly name, should be simply "hide posts"). For those of you who weren't aware we have that option available, check it out.
He's been on my foe list for awhile, but I keep getting echoes as people quote him. Although it IS pretty funny to see one post from someone, then two hidden ones from daniel, then another post, three more hidden ones from daniel...

Although it is kinda sad to watch him jump on people that simply congratulate a new owner.
Trust me, he's been on my "do not read" list for some time now.

Londoggie's gettin' a car! :mrgreen: Finally!! Maybe we should converge on Oceanside and have a party when it arrives!

I think the problem with the porsche guy is that a lot of people want to punish Nissan for "what they've done", and he's got limited resources...this forum, and waving that alternative car in Nissan's face.

Nissan's crime is not in the delays, but in how everything affecting those delays is a big mystery.

gbarry42 said:
Londoggie's gettin' a car! :mrgreen: Finally!! Maybe we should converge on Oceanside and have a party when it arrives!
Yeah! Thanks for that, and for making my point about celebrating the victories! :D

But wait, there's more! My father-in-law (a Nov 2011 order) took a break from the install of his EVSE today to head over to Mossy O-side to do one of his recon missions. There was a red LEAF parked out front, charging. He looked at the VIN. It was HIS! YEAH! Depending on how his timing works out, and if my car's in transit, we might actually be able to pick up our cars together, which would be way cool. And an even BIGGER party!

gbarry42 said:
Nissan's crime is not in the delays, but in how everything affecting those delays is a big mystery.
Agreed. My email to Brian C. was fundamentally a request for details about the delays, not a direct request to move my car along, and definitely not a request for a replacement, but that's how it turned out.

WOOHOO Lonndoggie! Yes, I have greatly appreciated your humor during this, at times, very difficult path.

Let's party! I'll bring the cake!

Same here Londoggie. Great to hear that you are finally receiving your car. I passed a silver Leaf on Camino Real today. It looks like we will have several Leafs in the neighborhood.

leafkabob said:
I long ago recognized that this thread and others similarly named were started by folks who were unhappy and that this is their place to vent. I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that folks who didn't want to hear bitching would not read or reply to these posts.

Daniel's style is not my style, but it does not hurt me in any way to let him vent as he sees fit.
I totally empathize with Daniel's situation, I was there myself, and I have never filtered his posts because I believe in free speech and expression, but it does get old after awhile hearing the same broken record. I simply do not believe his reaction to this situation is appropriate or productive, and that's his loss. Losing your temper and lashing out at people you feel are responsible for some perceived slight often overlooks your own culpability in the situation, or possible positive alternatives that might be pursued. Almost all of the actions I have taken in my life based on anger I have ended up regretting for one reason or another. Venting may feel good at the moment, but rarely yields good results in resolving problems and can definitely alienate others, some of whom may be of help if they weren't afraid you were going to go postal on them.

Thank heavens we aren't all alike.

Ya, it takes all kinds to make the world go around, but it seems to me that if he had spent his time here reading about the experiences of others and gaining insight into the process, instead of constantly expressing his anger with irrational speculation and accusations, he would have found a more effective route to solving his problem a long time ago. Some people would just rather talk smack than listen and learn, I guess. If he thinks his rants are going to earn him a big discount from Nissan somehow, he is just delusional, I'm afraid.

TT

lonndoggie said:
My dash changed from 4/22 -> 6/14 last night, and my second VIN showed up.

Got the "your car is almost here" email today.

Expecting The Call soon.
Hope you can enjoy it soon. You have been exceptionally good humored about your situation, which in truth was bad. Nobody would have blamed you for being considerably more ill-humored about the situation than you have been.

The good thing is that you should also be able to get a rebate. Hats off to those at Nissan who made it happen. It's nice to see that you've been taken care of in a personal way.

I sent Brendan another email from a different account on the idea that my first may have gone into a spam filter. He called back in 30 minutes. He had emailed someone at the port for them to physically check on my car. Before we we had finished chatting his contact responded and the latest information was that the car was already on a rail car. I guess it just had not updated in Nissan's system yet.

For anyone that is having issues and not content with the response from CS, get in touch with Brendan... His upfront and honest insight into what is going on is amazing. If you have hard feelings towards Nissan you seriously just need to talk to him for a bit. Plus he is actually in the position of fixing things.

QueenBee said:
For anyone that is having issues and not content with the response from CS, get in touch with Brendan... His upfront and honest insight into what is going on is amazing. If you have hard feelings towards Nissan you seriously just need to talk to him for a bit. Plus he is actually in the position of fixing things.
+1

lonndoggie said:
QueenBee said:
+1

+1 Same experience, just today - after months of uncertainty and misinformation, this feels like it's straight-up. Two more weeks, but at least I know when it's coming :)

Back