The Car Show

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremeflyer

Adam Carolla has a new show on SPEED Channel called The Car Show. At the beginning of the show is 0-60. A "news" segment kind of like Pardon the Interruption on ESPN. They have 60 seconds to talk about a topic before they move on.

Last night a Topic was the Nissan Leaf and how they are only selling 100/month. Obviously this must have been taped in April/May timeframe. But Adam was more speculating that there was no interest. John Salley mentioned it was ugly and Dan Neil mentioned that it was due to ramp up in production and the earthquake.

xtremeflyer said:
...Dan Neil mentioned that it was due to ramp up in production and the earthquake...

Dan is rather "pro-EV", and the others on the show give him a hard time about it. (Although some of that interaction may just be theatrical.)

xtremeflyer said:
Adam was more speculating that there was no interest. John Salley mentioned it was ugly
Where have we heard that "no interest" line before. Most people are followers; when they see their neighbors driving EVs, they'll be thinking about possibly driving an EV themselves; the interest will ramp up as more people see and understand EVs. As for the LEAF's looks, I've not heard anyone who actually saw one (in person) say it was ugly. I think the actual car looks much better than the photos. When one can buy a LEAF off the lot; they will sell! The "Drive Electric" tour is Nissan's attempt to jump-start the process, but it's nothing compared to LEAFs sitting on the lot of every Nissan dealer so prospective buyers can take a test drive on a whim or on their own schedule.

eyes went wide at the discussion today at my workplace about installing chargers:
to prove this was not a fad, i told them that I commuted at a cost of $1 a day -- where before I was paying $10 a day in gasoline or 2.5 gallons.
50-55 miles commute.

tell that to any naysayers.
10:1 cost advantage.

Dan Neil test drives the Nissan Leaf on tonights The Car Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jciJ5KXK7ic&feature=player_embedded

In the Bay Area's 101, LEAFs have already taken over the HOV lane.
Last night, 4 of the 5 cars closest to me were all LEAFs.

DeaneG said:
At least in CA, once people start to see Leafs in carpool lanes, mental light bulbs will click on.

Fabio said:
In the Bay Area's 101, LEAFs have already taken over the HOV lane.
Last night, 4 of the 5 cars closest to me were all LEAFs.

DeaneG said:
At least in CA, once people start to see Leafs in carpool lanes, mental light bulbs will click on.

It's like the early days of the gaz guzzlin Prius's (Prii ?) :roll:

I remember thinking it was cool to have 4 Prii lined up on a 4 lane freeway. They virtually owned some of the car pool lanes I was using.

Today, my blue Leaf was surrounded by two blue Prii.

Back