Tempted by the dark side...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: The resale value of the Leaf is abysmal right now, and the long range AWD version of the Tesla Model Y that is for sale now is a lot of $$$. Tesla would only give us $20k as a trade-in value for our Leaf Plus SL, and given that it's possible to buy a new one for ~$34k before the tax credit, I don't think we could get more than ~$26,500 even selling it privately (and then we miss out on ~$3k in sales tax credit). So, we're sticking with the Leaf for now. However, we're planning to switch to the Tesla when either the standard range RWD version comes out, or if they drop the long range price by about $3000.

Yeah, used pricing has all of the discounts/rebates cooked into them. CO, NJ, Virginia, etc.. states had even more rebates, which effectively pushes the national used price down even lower. New can be almost cheaper than used given the left over stock. They need to drop the msrp and discount less overall for the Leaf.

If you need more range, just move to smaller rims. The difference is pretty amazing.

Back