Taking your LEAF to San Diego?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMG365

Just found out that Paradise Point (on San Diego's Mission Bay) is offering a "buy three nights, get the fourth for the 1962 rate of $8" to celebrate their 50th anniversary. They have 4 Blink EVSE's on the property and are close to all the fun stuff. We just checked out their EVSE's last week (reported one faulty one, shocker . . . . ) and the place is pretty cool. Lots of fresh water features (good birding), south Pacific/tiki themed, backs onto Mission Bay (looked like lots of water-related rentals available). We had a late lunch in the Barefoot Bar Grill right on the bay--tasty and moderately priced. They have another restaurant open for dinner only that was pricier. I have no idea what the rates are (newly remodeled, looks pricy), but here's a link to the article I saw (some cool historical info) with a link to their booking site, which has a flash of the Retro deal that fills in a promo code and shows what nights are still available.

http://coronado.patch.com/announcements/special-retro-rates-at-paradise-point-in-honor-of-50th-anniversary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The deal looks to be good from now through November, which is a perfect time to visit San Diego.

Standard disclaimers apply, etc.

DANG !!!!!!

Wow Tony . . . that deserves its own thread. Last time I went by the hotel (is it still being installed across the street from the Nissan Dealership?) - they hadn't even broken ground. I may have to do another drive-by. That'll sure make heading across "The Great Planes" (Pendalton) a whole lot more fun. I had all but given up on that QC. I am finally feeln' some love . . . . WOOoo HOOOO! We have GOT to set up some kind of celebratory thing for the ribbon cutting day - if no one else has done so already.
Maybe even invite Nissan .... put some shame on 'em. :D

hill said:
DANG !!!!!!

Wow Tony . . . that deserves its own thread. Last time I went by the hotel (is it still being installed across the street from the Nissan Dealership?) - they hadn't even broken ground. I may have to do another drive-by. That'll sure make heading across "The Great Planes" (Pendalton) a whole lot more fun. I had all but given up on that QC. I am finally feeln' some love . . . . WOOoo HOOOO! We have GOT to set up some kind of celebratory thing for the ribbon cutting day - if no one else has done so already.
Maybe even invite Nissan .... put some shame on 'em. :D

Maybe Nov 3? I hope we can get 20-40 SoCal LEAFs to celebrate.

Only 20 more days?!? whoo hooo!!! Between SD Leafers and O.C. Leafers ??? We should have so many Leafs there ... that there will be NO doubt that it's fall ... Leafs everywhere.

aries said:
TonyWilliams said:
For LA / OC folks, the DC charger at San Juan Capistrano should be operational by Nov 1.
Where exactly is this one? (Address)
I believe the original plan was for it to be located at the Marriott in San Juan Capistrano,
33711 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, California 92675

TT

ttweed said:
I believe the original plan was for it to be located at the Marriott in San Juan Capistrano,
33711 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, California 92675
Yes - and that's right across the street from the Nissan Dealership - next to the 5 fwy. Thought: ... the hotel may see more Leafs than the dealership. If the dealership would have been more proactive, they'd have had 'em installed. That way, prospective customers could talk to owners (who would visit dealerships more frequently) about how great their Leaf experience is - while they're charging ... rather than being quick to rat out Nissan for doing the minimum with promulgating QC. What an irony.

Back