Take a Break

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimeHorse

Shut up #CO2Fre! I've been driving to/from work for almost an hour now and I'm like 2 mi from my office/home! Stop taunting me with a pot of tea since the recent firmware update. I'd love to have a break so let me just get to home/work and park so I can. I mean, my daily commute is 36 mi each way. I don't need to see this twice message daily. :)

That's tongue in cheek, in case it's not obvious. It's cute, IMHO, but also a little annoying when you see it practically daily.

So, turn it off. Dot matrix, trip computer, settings, alarms, driver alert.

(I know, a bit obscure. I was sure it was there somewhere, but it took me 15 minutes to find it. I kept looking for some setting over on the console.)

Ray

planet4ever said:
So, turn it off. Dot matrix, trip computer, settings, alarms, driver alert.

(I know, a bit obscure. I was sure it was there somewhere, but it took me 15 minutes to find it. I kept looking for some setting over on the console.)

Ray

Actually, it's pretty easy to figure out with process of elimination. If it appears above the steering wheel, it must be part of the small setting menu associated with that. So you scroll and by process of elimination realize Alarm = Take a Break. The problem is calling it Alarm. Really? How about Timer? Anyway, set it to 90 minutes since if It's taking me that long to get to work, I probably do need a break! :)

Oh, is this "Take a Break" a verbal message provided by the new firmware?

Can one set this (apparently "Alarm") interval (in minutes), or turn it OFF?

Those of us without the firmware upgrade connot see/hear/set it, right?

1. TAXes: Many people in the country legally, with Social Security numbers, have to file paperwork with the government each year. Preparing this paperwork is called "doing your TAXes".

2. RTFM: Read The Fine Manuals. Some folks, believe it or not, do not read every page in the fine manuals that Nissan provides with the LEAF.

3. Take a Break: A reminder "alarm" that can be set so that the LEAF will remind the driver to enjoy a rest period, perhaps while eating, or charging the car.

garygid said:
Take a Break: A reminder "alarm" that can be set so that the LEAF will remind the driver to enjoy a rest period, perhaps while eating, or charging the car.
I would think that, given the LEAF's limited range, Low Battery Warning would usually serve that purpose quite well. :)

Back