Stupid question: where the heck is carwings?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phastphill

I feel like an idiot asking this. What is the URL for carwings? I have owned my LEAF for three months, and I am a frequent user of the android app, so I should be able to find it easily, right?

I have searched everywhere on the Nissan Owners site. It's terrible -- every click seems to trigger another request for login info, and the word 'carwings' doesn't appear anywhere.

I have asked Google, which happily sends me to the Nissan LEAF marketing site, carwings sites for Japan and the UK.

I have even searched these forums, and discovered that there are people out there happily (and unhappily) using carwings in the US. So it must exist. I just can't find the damn thing.

Please. What is the URL?

Thanks.

Phill

I'm quite computer literate, but I also had a tough time finding it. Why doesn't it have its own URL, Nissan?

Interestingly it seems to in Japan.

TomT said:
Look here for it: https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Open Leaf status. At the bottom of the window is the "launch CARWINGS" link. Not obvious at all.

Open Leaf status. At the bottom of the window is the "launch CARWINGS" link. Not obvious at all.

Wow, that did it. I never even clicked on "Leaf status" ... I stupidly assumed it would show my order status.

THANK YOU.

-Phill

copdoc said:
I'm quite computer literate, but I also had a tough time finding it. Why doesn't it have its own URL, Nissan?

And why can't you get there from the default "nissan owner portal" link on the Nissanusa site? Instead you get the maddeningly similar but not quite the same, "owning" instead of "owners" page. I must have spent an hour the first day trying to find the darn thing. I think they are assuming that you've learned of the correct link through the normal ordering lifecycle, but if you pick up an orphan you're kind of left to fend for yourself.

Stay away:
http://www.nissanusa.com/owning/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back