Strategic Vision survey request on my New Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikbuti

Ave any of you received an email from Strategic Vision asking to share your thoughts on your new Nissan Leaf? I just received one to my corporate email account. I have no idea how they obtained my corporate email address. They identify themselves a a leading research company in buyer feedback and emotional response studies. The message says that they are able to contact me either from information provided directly by the manufacturer or through companies who provide vehicle registration data from publicly available sources to use for research purposes only. Nissan does have my corporate email address as I used the VPP plan for suppliers.

The message also says that if I complete the survey, I'll be automatically entered in a drawing to win one of the following prizes:

One First Prize winner - $10,000.00
Two Second Prize winners – An Apple iPad
Ten Third Prize winners – An Apple iPhone

I did not click on any of the links in the message.

kikbuti said:
Ave any of you received an email from Strategic Vision asking to share your thoughts on your new Nissan Leaf? I just received one to my corporate email account. I have no idea how they obtained my corporate email address. They identify themselves a a leading research company in buyer feedback and emotional response studies. The message says that they are able to contact me either from information provided directly by the manufacturer or through companies who provide vehicle registration data from publicly available sources to use for research purposes only. Nissan does have my corporate email address as I used the VPP plan for suppliers.

The message also says that if I complete the survey, I'll be automatically entered in a drawing to win one of the following prizes:

One First Prize winner - $10,000.00
Two Second Prize winners – An Apple iPad
Ten Third Prize winners – An Apple iPhone

I did not click on any of the links in the message.

Yes, but mine came through the mail, referencing a URL to take the survey. In fact, I have now received a total of three separate company suveys (two to be completed electronically, and one paper only). They are long, elaborate, and generally a pain. Any complaint you have (for example fit and finish), takes you into a submenu, asking which part of the car, front left door, rear right door, trunk, etc. Range was also a question. My biggest complaint was the visor as a sun block for the left window. Most everything else I rated as exceeded expectations.

Anyway, $10,000 giveaway .... Sign me up. It's not like they asked for my social or something. Thx, Bob

I Googled it and found more information in this forum. I think that I will just pass. It is more likely that my contact information was stolen from Nissan than Nissan violated my privacy. Nissan had a data breach and I will assume that is how they got my email address.

Going to pass on this survey.

kikbuti said:
Nissan had a data breach and I will assume that is how they got my email address.
Pretty serious accusation. What data supports this?

I also got the survey. Sent to an email address that I never provided to Nissan.

Back